When it comes to cookies, this is one of my families favorites. Loaded with flavor my Toffee Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookie is sure to become one of your families favorites too!
What’s not to love about a Toffee Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookie?
I have to start out by saying that while I’m not really a baker, it is something that I truly enjoy doing. While I have made my fair share of cakes and pies, cookies are one treat that has eluded me. I do have my one go-to cookie, courtesy of Alice Medrich, but I’ve pretty much beaten that one into the ground this year, and I knew I needed to expand my cookie repertoire.
I started going through my cookbooks looking for inspiration, there were so many wonderful cookies to choose from, but in the end, I decided upon a cookie that I had seen in my wife’s December edition of Real Simple.
The cover of the issue simply stated “30 impressive make-ahead cookies” and as I looked through the magazine, nothing really grabbed me and then I turned the page to the last cookie, and there it was…….sigh In all its peanut butter glory, looking at me……just begging to be baked.
These cookies were positively delicious but being a novice cookie baker I did a few things wrong.
1) I made the cookies a little too big
2) I overcooked them slightly because they looked too puffy and not done
3) I didn’t think it mattered about moving them onto a wire rack…sigh
Ok, they were still delicious, just a little crunchier than I think they should have been, and you can see by picture how they cracked a bit. Reducing the cooking time would have eliminated some of the cracking and next time I would refrigerate the dough prior to flattening them. That would have kept them from spreading as much.
If you’ve tried my Toffee Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookie recipe or any other recipe on askchefdennis.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @chefdenniseats and @chefdennistravels, Twitter and Facebook.
You might also like my Pistachio Cornmeal Butter Cookie.
Toffee Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookie
- 2 cups peanut butter creamy
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup broken salted pretzel pieces
- 1 cup chopped chocolate covered toffee bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line 2 baking sheets with parchment
- In a the bowl of your mixer, blend together the peanut butter, sugars, eggs, baking soda, and salt, until smooth
- Add in the broken pretzels and toffee bar pieces and fold into the mixture.
- Shape the dough into balls (about 1 heaping tablespoon each) and place 2 inches apart on your parchment lined baking sheets
- Using the tines of a fork, flatten each dough ball, by making crisscross patterns on the cookie (it was really hard with the pretzels and toffee in the dough, but do the best you can)
- Bake 10-12 minutes (rotating trays half way through) until puffed and golden.
- Allow to cool slightly on the rack and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.