Sweet and Salty Chex Mix Cookie with the salty sweet chex mix takes these cookies to the next level. What a great combination of flavors.
Sweet and Salty Chex Mix Cookie recipe-
I was shopping last week and as I made my way through the snack Isle, I saw sweet and salty chex mix, and I started wondering how they would be in a cookie. I can’t remember ever seeing anyone use them in cookies so I figured I’d give it a try.
The chex mix added a nice crunch to the cookie, but the mix could have had a bit more salt, for the salty part of the sweet and salty. The chocolate chips were a great addition, adding that melty chocolaty component to the cookie! Overall the cookie was a big success and even Lisa who wasn’t too sure when I told her about my idea, really enjoyed the cookies.
Overall the cookie was a big success and even Lisa who wasn’t too sure when I told her about my idea, really enjoyed the cookies.
Sweet and Salty Chex Mix Cookie
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature, 226 grams
- 1 cup light brown sugar 210 grams
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar 100 grams
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 10 ml
- 2 cups all purpose flour 260 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 5 g
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt 2.5 g
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats 160 grams
- 2 cups sweet and salty chex mix 200 grams
- 1 cup chocolate chips 175 grams
- In your mixer bowl whip the butter and sugars until creamy and smooth (about 2 – 3 minutes).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats. Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter mixture and beat just until incorporated (the batter will be sticky).
- Stir in the chex mix and chocolate chips, until mixed in evenly
- Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Flatten the cookies slightly with your hand so they are about ½ inch (1.25 cm) thick.
- Bake tat 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- makes about 3 dozen cookies