When it comes to comfort food it doesn't get much better than a plateful of these spicy tater tot nachos. Loaded with four-bean chili, cheddar cheese and a whole lot of deliciousness there sure to please your friends and family!
When it’s time to serve up deliciousness to your friends when they stop by to watch the game, my Spicy Loaded Tater Tot Nachos are the perfect game day comfort food to serve your guests.
This post was sponsored by Mirum. The thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
When it comes to sporting events the spicier the food the better. And it’s hard to believe that there was a time that I had to stay away from the spicy foods that I loved because they triggered frequent heartburn symptoms.. For a chef that’s almost a fate worse than death…sigh.
But thanks to the convenience of Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets I don’t have to miss out on those spicy, messy and oh so delicious game day foods that I make and love. My heartburn is a thing of the past and I certainly don’t miss it!
Made for frequent heartburn sufferers who experience symptoms 2 or more days per week, Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets take the guesswork out of relieving your heartburn with its long-lasting protection! And you don’t even need a glass of water, as the strawberry-flavored tablet dissolves right on your tongue.
You should not chew it or dissolve it in liquid, just put it on your tongue and let it do all the work. The MELTechTM format means it dissolves in your mouth without water, so you can conveniently take it even if you’re on the go.
Take one dose daily for 14 days according to package directions. Don’t take Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor. Omeprazole ODT may take 1-4 days for full effect and is not intended for immediate relief.
If you’re not sure where you can buy Omeprazole ODT, go to dissolveyourheartburn.com to find a store near you.
What Ingredients to I need to make Loaded Tater Tot Nachos?
Let’s start by gathering the ingredients we need to make Loaded Tater Tot Nachos. In chef speak this is called the mise en place (everything in its place).
How do I make Pickled Jalapñeos?
For this dish, I made the pickled jalapeños but feel free to pick up store-bought. But once you see how easy it to make your own you may change your mind. I added a sweet red pepper for color, feel free to leave it out or add more.
Place all the ingredients (except the peppers) in a saucepan and bring to boil. Turn off the heat and add the sliced jalapeños and red pepper. Allow them to sit for 10 minutes then place in jar with a lid along with the liquid and refrigerate untill needed.
How do I reduce the heat of Jalapeños?
If you’re not a big fan of heat but enjoy the flavor, removing the seeds will help reduce the heat. You can also rinse the peppers under cold running water to help reduce the heat. The pickling process will also help reduce the heat of peppers.
Chef Dennis Tip
Prepping the peppers is easy, but I do recommend wearing gloves to handle the peppers as well as having good ventilation. Just cleaning the peppers and rinsing them can cause you to choke. So be careful.
If you don’t have gloves make sure to wash your hands three times. If you’ve ever touched your eyes or a delicate area after touching jalapeños or other hot peppers you know exactly what I’m talking about.
How do I make Lime Crema?
Making lime crema couldn’t be easier. Just mix all the ingredients together and let the finished crema sit unrefrigerated for 90 minutes. Then cover and refrigerate until needed.
Now that you’ve prepped everything we need, let’s get started with our Spicy Loaded Tater Tot Nachos. The first step is pretty easy. Place the frozen tater tots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper into a preheated 450 F degree oven for 30 minutes. Using the parchment will make the process of transferring the finished tots to a serving dish very easy.
After the tots are nice and crunchy it’s time for the next step in creating our Spicy Loaded Tater Tot Nachos.
Add the chili with beans and grape tomato halves to the tots.
Next, add the shredded cheddar and pickled jalapeños, then place back into the 450 degree F oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
**Feel free to use more or less of any of the toppings.
Remove the tots from the oven when the cheese melted. Carefully lift the parchment and using a spatula slide the tots onto your serving platter.
Top the tots with the bacon, cilantro and lime crema. Serve and enjoy!
Can you imagine not being able to enjoy this plateful of deliciousness because of heartburn? My Spicy Loaded Tater Tot Nachos wouldn’t be on my menu without Omeprazole ODT.
If you like this recipe you may also like these:
Loaded Tater Tot Nachos
- 4 Jalapeños sliced
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- juice from one lime
- sea salt to taste
Tater Tot Nachos
- 4 cups tater tots
- 1 cup chili with beans your favorite canned variety or homemade
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 bunch scallions sliced
- 1 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- In a small saucepan combine the vinegar, water, garlic, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the sliced jalapeños to the pickling mixture stirring well. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the jalapeños from the liquid storing with the liquid in a jar with a lid. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix sour cream, heavy cream, sea salt and lime juice together in a small bowl. Allow it to sit unrefrigerated for 90 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until needed
Tater Tot Nachos
- Preheat oven to 450-degree F.
- Place tater tots on a sheet pan lined with parchment into the preheated oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crunchy.
- Carefully mound the crispy tater tots on the parchment sheet.
- Mix in the grape tomato halves.
- Add heated chili to the tots, then top with shredded cheddar.
- Place back into the 450-degree F oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Carefully remove the parchment sheet from the baking pan and slide the Tot Nachos onto your serving dish.
- Garnish with pickled jalapeños, diced bacon, scallions, cilantro and lime crema.
- Serve and enjoy!