This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of RAGÚ® Homestyle Pasta Sauce. All opinions are entirely my own.
One of my favorite Tailgate Party dishes has to be a hearty and delicious Three Bean Chili! I like making a chili with more than one bean because it allows you to get a little more creative with your chili. Adding a little flair makes the dish your own instead of making the stereotypical chili and beans using only kidney beans. So have fun mixing and matching your favorites.
I tend to go a little on the milder side when I make chili so I use plain beans (not chili beans) and adjust the seasonings as I go. I do keep a few bottles of hot sauce and jalapenos on hand for those that are a little more daring than I.
When it’s time to shop for ingredients I shop at Kroger every chance I get and you couldn’t ask for better selection and pricing. I naturally turn to RAGÚ® Homestyle Pasta Sauce when I buy pasta sauce, and they make so many varieties you can always find a pasta sauce to suit your needs. For my easy to make Three Bean Chili I went with the RAGÚ Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce.
Some of my other favorites include these sauces, what are your favorites?
RAGÚ Homestyle Cheese Pasta Sauce
RAGÚ Homestyle Meat Pasta Sauce
RAGÚ Homestyle Roasted Garlic Sauce
Let’s gather the ingredients (aka mise en place) for our Three Bean Chili. It’s always a good way to find out if you have everything you need to make what you’re preparing, and having everything ready makes cooking so much easier.
I’ve been using RAGÚ for as long as I remember and to this day, you’ll find a jar or two in my pantry for those days I just don’t feel like making homemade sauce. When you find a product that’s dependable and delicious you stick with it.
- RAGÚ Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce uses peeled, chopped and simmered ingredients to create a robust texture.
- Made-from-scratch taste
- Farm grown ingredients, vine ripened tomatoes, fragrant herbs (fennel, garlic, basil, ground black pepper)
- No artificial flavors, no high fructose corn syrup, and no artificial history
- RAGÚ lets you see, smell and savor their longstanding tradition of fresh tastes
- Available at your local Kroger
Be sure to download the coupon for $0.75 off any ONE RAGÚ Homestyle Pasta Sauce. You can find online coupons for RAGÚ Traditional Pasta Sauce at the Kroger coupon page.
Your friends are going to love this chili! Serve it with tortillas, nachos, on burgers and dogs or just by the bowlful.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 15 ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can chili pinto beans no chili pinto beans can be used instead
- 15 ounce can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 24 ounces RAGÚ Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- Optional cayenne can be added for extra heat, use with caution. Be careful in adding cayenne if you decide to kick it up a notch as a little goes a long way.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar optional
In a large skillet or pot add the chopped onions, garlic and olive oil. Sauté for a few minutes until the onions are lightly cooked.
- Add ground meat and begin the browning process. You may need to add additional olive oil.
Brown all the meat continuously stirring to break up the meat. (you may find a heavy wire whisk helpful in breaking up the chunks).
When the meat is browned begin adding in your seasonings (remember you can always add more after it's cooked for a while).
Add RAGÚ pasta sauce and beans combining all of the ingredients.
Reduce heat to simmer and allow to simmer for 1 - 2 hours, stirring so it won't stick to the bottom.
If chili begins to get too thick you can add additional stock or water to get it to the consistency you like.
- Taste and re-season to your taste.
If you like your chili spicier add in more chili powder or cayenne pepper. To add a little sweetness to the chili add in 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
So when it’s time for the Big Game and a Tailgate Party head on over to your local Kroger and purchase RAGÚ Homestyle Pasta Sauce as a recipe solution for your next homegate spread. #Ragutailgating