One of the easiest, healthiest Restaurant Style dishes you can make at home is my Chicken Primavera Aioli and easily adaptable to the vegetables you have on hand. Serve this dish to your family in less time than it takes to pick up takeout.
One of the easiest, healthiest Restaurant Style dishes you can make at home is my Chicken Primavera Aioli. You can easily change up the ingredients depending upon what you have on hand and serve this delicious saute dish over your favorite pasta or grain.
Let’s start by gathering our ingredients aka Mise en Place.
This shows you how I set up for each weekly show. I have an induction cooktop that I absolutely love. And just to show you how crazy I am, I run my show with a mac and a pc.
Of course the finished dish is well worth the effort. Garden fresh vegetables lightly sauteed with olive oil and garlic! Toss those with your favorite pasta or grain and you have a healthy and delicious dinner that you can make in about 25 minutes (including your prep time).
Lisa was at work when I made this dish and since it was for dinner later in the day I placed the Chicken Primavera Aioli in a small baking dish and placed it in the refrigerator for later. When it was time for dinner I added a little chicken stock to the dish (don’t do this ahead of time the pasta will soak up the liquid), added shredded mozzarella to the top and baked it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Needless to say she loved every bite and we had a very clean kitchen after dinner since I had made the dish earlier in the day.
If you’ve tried my Chicken Primavera recipe or any other recipe on askchefdennis.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @chefdenniseats and @chefdennistravels, Twitter and Facebook.
Chicken Primavera Aioli
- 1/2 pound of your favorite pasta or grain
- 1/2 pound chicken tenders or protein of your choice
- seasoned flour
- olive oil as needed
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1/2 cup fennel sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup red peppers cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup green beans blanched -cut
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- splash of white wine or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions sliced
- Shredded Parmesan or grated romano cheese
- Cook your pasta per instructions on box, rinse, cool and set aside until needed
- In a large saute pan add olive oil and garlic, fennel, peppers, mushrooms, and allow to saute for 2 -3 minutes. Stir as needed
- add broccoli, tomatoes and green beans. Season with sea salt, black pepper and half of the chopped basil. Continue to stir and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add splash of wine or stock, cooked pasta or grain, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for another minute or two.
- Serve and garnish with scallions and basil.