One of the easiest, healthiest Restaurant Style dishes you can make at home is my Chicken Primavera Aioli and easily adaptable to the vegetables you have on hand. Serve this dish to your family in less time than it takes to pick up takeout.
One of the easiest, healthiest Restaurant Style dishes you can make at home is my Chicken Primavera Aioli. You can easily change up the ingredients depending upon what you have on hand and serve this delicious saute dish over your favorite pasta or grain.
What do I need to make Chicken Primavera?
Let’s start by gathering our ingredients aka Mise en Place. In Chef Speak that means everything in its place.
Use this recipe as a guideline and use the vegetables that you like to eat. If one of the vegetables I used doesn’t make you happy replace it with one that you enjoy eating. Spending time in the kitchen will be a lot more enjoyable if you’re making dishes you enjoy eating.
Lisa was at work when I made this dish and since it was for dinner later in the day I placed the Chicken Primavera Aioli in a small baking dish and placed it in the refrigerator for later. When it was time for dinner I added a little chicken stock to the dish (don’t do this ahead of time the pasta will soak up the liquid), added shredded mozzarella to the top and baked it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Needless to say she loved every bite and we had a very clean kitchen after dinner since I had made the dish earlier in the day.
The finished dish is very easy to make and something you can have on your table in less than 30 minutes. The garden-fresh vegetables lightly sauteed with olive oil and garlic along with the chicken tenders will make a fresh and delicious dinner.
Can I make Pasta Primavera with something besides chicken?
You sure can. Not only can you change the vegetables around to what you like or what you have on hand, but you can also do the same with the protein. Don’t like chicken then try these substitutes.
- Salmon (or fish of your choice)
What can I use instead of Penne in my Primavera?
- Any pasta you enjoy eating
- Your favorite grain
Creating delicious dishes in your home doesn’t have to be difficult. Have fun experimenting with ingredients and spices. The more fun you have in the kitchen, the more time you’ll want to spend creating deliciousness. And having complete control over what goes in the food you eat as well as saving money cooking at home is definitely a win-win!
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like these:
- Chicken Scarpariello
- Chicken Picante
- Chicken and Shrimp Pepperoni
- Apple Butter Bourbon Chicken
- Chicken Sorrento
Chicken Primavera Aioli
- 1/2 pound of your favorite pasta or grain
- 1/2 pound chicken tenders or protein of your choice
- seasoned flour
- olive oil as needed
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1/2 cup fennel sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup red peppers cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup green beans blanched -cut
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- splash of white wine or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions sliced
- Shredded Parmesan or grated romano cheese
- Cook your pasta per instructions on box, rinse, cool and set aside until needed
- In a large saute pan add olive oil and garlic, fennel, peppers, mushrooms, and allow to saute for 2 -3 minutes. Stir as needed
- add broccoli, tomatoes and green beans. Season with sea salt, black pepper and half of the chopped basil. Continue to stir and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add splash of wine or stock, cooked pasta or grain, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for another minute or two.
- Serve and garnish with scallions and basil.