Dinner time shouldn't be stressful and doesn't need to involve takeout! My Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Bake recipe using a Barber Stuffed chicken will save you time, money and reward you with smiling faces at your dinner table!
Enjoy my Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Bake in your house tonight and just watch the smiles.
Creating deliciousness in your kitchen is easier than you think and it doesn’t mean you have to spend hours slaving over a hot stove.
Using prepared items like Barber Foods® Raw Stuffed Chicken Breasts is an easy way to get delicious and fun meals on your table without spending your evening in the kitchen.
If you think outside of the box a little, you can create your own masterpieces by adding a few ingredients into the mix like I did coming up with an OMG delicious dish.
There really aren’t a lot of ingredients in my pasta bake, and I had thought of using frozen vegetables instead of cutting fresh. That would save some time and you could add variety with the different vegetable blends that most supermarkets carry. Here is our Mise en Place for my pasta bake recipe.
Adding your own flair to a pasta dish turns a quick and easy weeknight meal into a feast.
Feel free to use your favorite pasta shape and your favorite cheese with this dish. I used a swiss style cheddar that was a perfect compliment to the Swiss in the chicken breast.
I promise this dish will bring smiles to your table!
If you’ve tried my Pasta Bake recipe or any other recipe on askchefdennis.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @chefdenniseats and @chefdennistravels, Twitter and Facebook
Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Bake
- 2 Barber Foods Mushroom & Swiss raw stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup cooked pasta (shapes of your choice)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (or cheese of your choice)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- Place stuffed chicken breasts on foil lined cookie sheet and bake at 365 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- In a large skillet or pot, add butter and allow to melt over medium high heat
- Add carrots, celery and onions and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes, then add in mushrooms. Continue to cook until mushrooms look cooked (2-3 additional minutes)
- Add flour and mix into the vegetables thoroughly. Allow to cook for one minute, then add in one cup chicken stock. Reduce heat as it thickens. Add more stock if the mixture appears too thick
- When mixture is thickened, add pasta. Transfer mixture to casserole dish.
- Remove cooked chicken breasts from oven and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes. Slice breasts into 4 slices each and place on top of pasta mixture in the casserole dish.
- Top with shredded cheddar and parsley. Place back into oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted.
- Serve with a side salad and enjoy!