You'll love this easy to make Garlic Ginger Chicken Wing recipe using my favorite mixer 7UP. Enjoy these delicious wings in less time than getting take out.
Garlic Ginger Chicken Wings
I love food, and some days I find myself daydreaming about what I consider to be the perfect foods. Foods that love you unconditionally, no matter how you cook them or serve them. And I do believe that chicken wings are at the top of my list.
Oh sweet chicken wings, how do I love thee, let me count the ways…..sigh. I’ve found a new way to serve my wings that also includes my favorite mixer and childhood friend 7UP.
7UP is so versatile, not only can it be used in your favorite drinks or simply straight up over ice. It makes a delicious marinade and can be found in many families baked good recipes that have been passed down for generations.
I like to start my recipes by gathering all the ingredients I need before I begin. In Chef Speak, we call that a Mise en Place which translates into Everything in its Place.
Experimenting with flavors is a fun way to enjoy your time in the kitchen. And recipes should be thought of as guidelines for you to follow. If you don’t like a certain ingredient or flavor, replace it with something you do like. That’s a sure-fire way to make sure you enjoy the foods you’re cooking. Although there’s a lot to be said for trying new flavors, and the rule of thumb is to try it three times before you decide it’s not for you.
These Garlic Ginger Chicken Wings came together in my kitchen due to some of the ingredients I already had on hand. Don’t be afraid to look in the fridge and see what you can make with what you have. But be creative, step outside the box and experiment.
Marinating proteins is a delicious way to impart flavors to the foods you cook. Some proteins need to marinate longer, but 20-30 minutes is usually enough to add flavor to your what you’re cooking.
For my recipe, I used regular 7UP, but you can use ginger ale, club soda or sparkling wine.
If you love chicken wings as much as I do I know you’ll enjoy these recipes:
Asian Style Garlic Ginger Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1/2 cup 7UP
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- red pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bunch scallions- diced with green and white separated
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients (except scallion greens and half of the cilantro) including wings in a large bowl. Let wings marinate for approximately 20 minutes to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place wings on a lined cookie sheet with marinade poured over wings. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until wings are deep golden brown and crisp.
- Place wings on serving dish, spooning pan sauce over them.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro and scallion greens and serve immediately