What's a Party without Buffalo wings! Try my new Honey Lime buffalo wings, or my already famous wing recipe and make your next get together extra special!
It’s party time with Honey Lime Buffalo Wings.
Now as everyone knows I do make some killer buffalo wings, they have even achieved legendary status at the Mount where I truly believe If I served them every day they would eat them. My girls love their hot sauce!
And there my friends lies the secret in making great buffalo wings, its the sauce. I have to admit while I was a little excited to try a new flavor hot sauce, I was also a little reluctant to forgo my original perfected sauce. But change is good, and just in case it wasn’t good I wanted an opportunity to try it out on just Lisa and myself before I served it to my guests on Superbowl Sunday.
The first thing I noticed was that the sauce did not cling quite as well, and it just didn’t seem to thicken the way I was used to. The lime flavor was interesting, but not really what I was looking for in my hot wings, although I know a few of my friends would love them with that hint of lime flavor.
I will admit that the flavor was fresh and not at all artificial tasting. So if your looking for a new buffalo wing sauce give it a try with the Cholula Lime Hot sauce, they also have a garlic hot sauce that will be my next test batch! (just not at the Superbowl party!)
Now if you’re looking for the Best Buffalo Wings you’ll ever have, then give this recipe a try and make sure to use Franks Buffalo Sauce to start with, I promise you won’t be disappointed, of course, if you like your wings on the Atomic Heat Scale, feel free to add additional hot sauce to the recipe!
If you love chicken wings as much as I do I know you’ll enjoy these recipes:
Honey Lime Buffalo Wings
- 3 lbs Chicken wings fresh not frozen
- 2 cups flour
- sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooking oil vegetable oil
Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 12 oz Cholula Lime Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 Stick Butter
- 4 oz Honey
Bleu Cheese Dressing
- 8 oz Bleu Cheese
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-Heat oven to 250 degrees
- rinse and pat dry your wings
- Cut the wings at both joints, saving the wing tip for soup(freeze until needed)
- season 2 cups of flour liberally with salt and pepper
- dredge the wings in the flour to get a good coating on the wings.
- heat 1 cup of oil in a deep frying pan
- add wings in batches, do not crowd them or it they will take too long to cook
- Cook wings 4-5 minutes on each side until they get good color and and a crunchy exterior
- Remove wings from oil, draining excess oil from them and place on cookie sheet in oven to keep them warm while you finish cooking the remainder
- Repeat process until all the wings have been cooked.
Buffalo Hot Sauce
- In a sauce pan add butter and honey, and allow butter to completely melt, then add in the hot sauce. (Here is the tricky part, you want to get the sauce almost to point of boiling, but do not let it boil, or get too hot. If the sauce gets too hot it will begin to separate) By not over heating the sauce it will stay rich and thick and give the wings a wonderful coating.*
Blue Cheese Dressing
- In a food processor, add the sour cream or Greek yogurt, the milk and half of your bleu cheese.
- Pulse the mixture until all of the bleu cheese has been blended in.
- Now add it to your mayonnaise, and the remaining bleu cheese crumbled up and season. (The seasonings are just a guide, season it to your taste.)
- You should make this dressing at least one day ahead of time, to let the flavors build, but you can use it right away if you need to.
- Toss the wings in a stainless steel bowl with your prepared sauce until well coated and serve immediately with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks!