Everybody loves chicken wings and every now and then you need to change up your recipe, experimenting with new and exciting flavors. And my Chinese Sticky Chicken Wings is a delicious way to add a new taste experience to your family’s dinner table!
I’ve enjoyed a fun and tasty partnership with my friends at Noble Juice in nearby Winter Haven. They’ve not only challenged me to come up with fun new recipes using their naturally pure juices, they also got me hooked on the delicious flavor of their tangerine and clementine juices!
I love how citrus flavors, especially the different varieties of tangerine juices lend themselves to Asian style dishes. And as I was trying to think of what to make for this months post, I remembered the delicious Sticky Chicken Wings I enjoyed at Disney’s Polynesian and did my best to recreate the magic at home….. Mission accomplished!
I always like to start a recipe by gathering my ingredients together for our Sticky Chicken Wings (aka mise en place). Of course every now and then I either forget an ingredient or decide to add another after beginning the recipe. In this case I simply forgot to add the tomato paste to the picture…..sigh
The recipe is pretty easy to make and only requires about 20 minutes of marinating. Just about the right amount of time to preheat your oven! You can marinate in a bowl or a ziplock bag. Take care to zip up the bag securely and place a pan or plate under it while marinating.
The end result are these gloriously delicious and beautiful Chinese Sticky Chicken Wings. Just make sure to cook up enough of these beauties, because once you start eating them its hard to stop!
- 2 lb chicken wings cut into drumettes and wingettes
- tsp ½ sesame oil
- 2 tbsp clementine or tangerine juice
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- cup ¼ soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or honey
- cup ¼ tomato paste
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- tsp ¼ crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- finely sliced scallions for garnishing
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl or in a ziplock bag.
- Add wings and allow to marinate for 20-30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Line baking tray with foil or parchment
- place wings on baking tray, saving marinade for basting
- Baste generously once or twice during baking, using up all the remaining marinade
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until the meat comes off the bone fairly easily and the wings are just starting to char and are a sticky, dark reddish color.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Seminole Pride Noble Juices. All opinions are 100% mine.
You may also like my Tangerine Sticky Ribs.