Everyone loves wings and this recipe for my Drunken Chicken Wings is a delicious new way to enjoy one of America's favorite dishes. In an untraditional sort of way.
I love buffalo wings and my recipe is the standard I judge all others by. But man (and woman) cannot live by Buffalo Wings alone so I’m always thinking of new and delicious ways to serve them.
These wings get that lovely caramelization from the sugar in the marinade and the lime and tequila give it that margarita flavor that you love. But don’t worry all the alcohol burns off when you cook the wings. If you’d rather not use the tequila that’s not a problem, you can substitute your favorite lemon-lime soda.
Wings have come along way over the years, and what once was the throwaway portion (soups stock) of the chicken has become the star of the show. And these delicious flavorful wings will not disappoint!
These chicken wings go great with sriracha or your favorite hot sauce for your friends that want to bring the heat. Just make sure to print out a few extra copies of the recipe if you serve it to your friends because they’re going to be begging for the recipe!
If you love chicken wings as much as I do I know you’ll enjoy these recipes:
- The Most Ah-Mazing Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Garlic Ginger Chicken Wings
- Chinese Sticky Wings
- Honey Lime Buffalo Wings
Drunken Chicken Wings
- 2/3 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or hotter if you like
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings tips trimmed off saved for soup.
- Place Chicken wing sections in a large bowl or large ziplock bag, then add combine tequila, lime juice, sugar, olive oil, salt, pepper and re pepper flakes .
- Mix together to coat wings, while at the same time combining ingredients (and dissolving sugar). Cover bowl or seal bag and refrigerate for 4-6 hours. You can marinate wings overnight if needed. (bone in and skin on chicken is okay to marinate overnight)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking pan with foil.
- Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer in the pan, and pour the marinade evenly over all the wings
- Bake until meat is well browned and pulling away from the bone, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- If you like crispier wings remove the marinade from the pan from the oven after an hour and save for serving, then continue to brown wings for the remainder of the time or until very crispy.
- Place in serving bowl and add remaining marinade.