When I have friends come over to watch a big game or just to socialize, I always try to find something fun to serve them. With the big game this weekend I think I came up with just the right dish, New Zealand Mussels Served 5 Ways!
My guests will be enjoying Buffalo Mussels, Garlic Mussels, Pesto Mussels, Mussels Italiano, and Mussels Diablo! Of course there are lots of other toppings to choose from , be creative and come up with your favorite toppings!
And if you don’t like mussels, these toppings will work well with Oysters or Clams!
- New Zealand Mussels on the half shell
- marinara sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- your favorite buffalo sauce
- bleu cheese crumbles
- homemade or store bought pesto sauce
- melted butter
- chopped garlic
- chopped parsely (optional to add color)
- olive oil
- grated romano cheese
- red pepper flakes
- thaw out New Zealand Mussels and place on cookie sheet or baking dish
- spoon marinara sauce on each mussel
- top with shredded mozzarella cheese
- top each mussel with buffalo sauce
- add bleu cheese crumbles on top of sauce
- spoon pesto on to mussel (pesto may be cut with olive oil if its too strong)
- Sautee chopped garlic lightly in melted butter (add parlsey if using when done cooking)
- place in refrigerator and allow to firm up
- place mound of garlic butter on top of each mussel pressing in with your hand
- drizzle olive oil on top of mussel
- sprinkle with grated romano cheese and red pepper flakes
- Bake mussels in 400 degree oven for 15-18 minutes or until cheese is fully melted
- Serve immediately
The video also shows how to make Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Drunken Chicken Wings and Roasted Chic Peas.