Turn a weeknight into a special occasion with this quick and easy shrimp fra diavolo recipe. Have a delicious homemade dinner on your table in minutes!
Shrimp Fra Diavolo –
Making a delicious dinner shouldn’t be rocket science and shouldn’t take all day to make. When time permits I cook my own sauce, but when time is short I turn to products I know and trust and Barilla is definitely one of the brands I depend on. Many thanks to my friends at Barilla for sponsoring this post.
Check out the deliciousness I created in the time it took to cook the pasta! Shrimp Fra Diavolo is a restaurant-style dish that you can create in your own kitchen in less time than it would take to pick up take-out at a fraction of the cost. All of a sudden a weeknight meal after a busy day just became a special occasion.
Let’s start by gathering our ingredients (mise en place) to make Shrimp Fra Diavolo.
In a matter of minutes, my ingredients are simmering on my stove-top and will be on the table for an easy and delicious dinner. Sure beats the drive-thru!
Shrimp Fra Diavolo, a delicious way to turn an ordinary day into an extraordinary evening!
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like these delicious recipes featuring shrimp.
- Shrimp Etouffee
- Shrimp and Cheesy Grits
- Garlic Shrimp with Supergreens
- Lemon Basil Shrimp with Supergreens
Quick and Easy Shrimp Fra Diavolo Recipe
- .75 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- .75 pound spaghetti
- 8 ounces marinara sauce
- 8 pepperoncini
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped basil
- pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces red wine optional
- Cook spaghetti for 9 minutes or per instructions on container for aldente pasta
- In a large saute pan add olive oil and chopped garlic
- As garlic begins to sizzle add pepperoncini and crushed red pepper flakes
- After about 30 seconds add shrimp and continue to saute until shrimp are about half way cooked
- Add red wine (optional), marinara sauce and half of the chopped basil
- Over low heat allow sauce to simmer for 3-5 minutes
- Mix a little of the sauce into the spaghetti and place portions in serving bowls.
- Top with shrimp, pepperoncini, additional sauce and a sprinkle of chopped basil.
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!