I love my spiralizer and you'll love the flavorful blend of lemon basil shrimp and homemade zucchini noodles. Fresh and Healthy is the best way to describe this delicious dish!
If you have an adventurous palate, creating dishes with a variety of seasonings can be a great way to satisfy your craving for flavor. My Lemon Basil Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles is an easy way to achieve delicious results in your kitchen, in less time than it takes to pick up take out.
Presentation means a lot and my Lemon Basil Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles looks good enough to eat!
Let’s start by gathering our ingredients, aka mise en place.
One of my favorite new Culinary Tools is a Spiralizer. It’s a great way to make vegetables ordinary vegetable fun. At an early stage of my culinary journey, I was taught to understand the phrase “We Eat with our Eyes”.
You see perception plays a big in deciding whether we like something or not. Our eyes send signals to our brain long before our taste buds get any input on the decision-making process. Making a dish more visually attractive can make even an average tasting dish seem to taste better. But overcoming the message from the visual impact of an unattractive presentation can be difficult to overcome and the reason for many of the food decisions we make in life.
This is even more important with children or unadventurous adults, make their food fun and tasty and you’ve got a winning combination!
After deciding to buy a spiralizer, I finally decided on the Paderno brand and purchased it on Amazon. It seemed like a well built and an easy to use tool. Below is an affiliate link if you’ve been thinking about picking up a spiralizer for your kitchen.
You can get this on Amazon, Paderno World Cuisine 6 Blade Spiral Vegetable Slicer.
Try out this recipe with your family or friends, and watch the smiles on their faces as they enjoy the deliciousness you prepared. If you don’t like shrimp, try it with chicken or tofu.
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like these delicious recipes featuring shrimp.
Lemon Basil Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
- 16 large shrimp
- 1 large zucchini
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Lemon basil rub
- 1/4 cup lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds- roasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- julienne of mini sweet peppers for garnish
Lemon basil shrimp
- Place peeled and deveined shrimp in a medium-sized bowl and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the lemon basil seasoning mix. Let shrimp sit in seasoning for 5 minutes.
- Place shrimp on skewers, leaving room between them.
- Place skewers on a hot grill pan (or saute pan) and sear on both sides for 1-2 minutes per side until shrimp are cooked. Set cooked shrimp aside.
- Using a spiralizer run one zucchini through the machine making zucchini noodles.
- Heat a large saute pan and when hot add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute zucchini noodles for about 5 minutes. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve lemon basil shrimp over zucchini noodles and enjoy!
- Garnish with julienne strips of mini sweet peppers
Lemon basil seasoning mix
- Combine all the spices in a small bowl and store in an airtight jar until needed