This Gluten Free lemon pound cake is a delicious option for all of your gluten-free friends and your gluten-full friends. The great thing is they will never know the difference, this cake is just that good!
When it comes to Gluten-Free Cakes, this Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake will make believers out of all your gluten-eating friends!
Thanks to my friend Wendy from La Phemme Phoodie for sharing this recipe with us.
I am excited to share my new favorite gluten-free dessert recipe with you. It’s a combination of a plain pound cake recipe from Land O Lakes with the flavor profile from a previous guest poster, Live Life. The cake is gluten-free.
I will admit that some gluten-free desserts just don’t taste as good as their gluten-filled counterparts. Done right, gluten-free desserts taste just as good or even better than “regular” desserts. This blueberry lemon pound cake recipe can easily compete with any “regular” pound cake recipe. The cake rises perfectly. It’s dense and moist.
A burst of blueberries with a hint of lemons combine to make this dessert a perfect dish to include on your spring menu.
Wouldn’t you love a slice or two of this delicious Gluten Free Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake?
If you like this recipe you may also like these:
Gluten Free Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Butter melted
- 4 large All-Natural Eggs
- 4 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla
- 3 cups Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 12-cup Bundt® or 10-inch angel food cake (tube) pan; sprinkle with gluten-free flour blend. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and melted butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla; beat until well mixed. Add lemon zest and lemon juice until combined.
- Stir together gluten-free flour blend, xanthan gum and baking powder in small bowl. Gradually add flour blend mixture alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating at low speed until well mixed. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Add the glaze.