Bittersweet Chocolate, walnuts and chocolate chips make this the best chocolate cookie you'll ever have! I call it my OMG Cookie.
What do you do when your feeling kind of down……sigh…..My wife went to the shore until Saturday, and even after 12 years, I just don’t like being away from her for too long. I know what you’re saying why didn’t I go, well with our two dogs it’s just not that easy, so I stay with them so she can spend some time in Ocean City at her mother’s house.
Now there are two things you will want to do that will change this cookie and not for the better. First of all, no matter how much you want to, do not add any more flour to this mixture, you do not need it…….trust me!
Secondly, do not leave these cookies to bake too long, you want the inside to still be a little gooey, as long as the outside has set the inside should be fine, so do not go past the recommended time! After the cookie sits a while it sill set up. I also found that using all bittersweet chocolate doesn’t do the cookie justice, I use the absolutely best chocolate I can find, and its always Semi-sweet or Bittersweet, but I use plain old toll house chips for the second addition, feel free to adjust this as you like. But all bittersweet won’t give it that OMG taste! Now for my second cookie……sigh……I keep telling you I’m not a trained baker, but I do love to bake! Well, I knew just changing over white chocolate for dark chocolate wouldn’t be an equal trade-off…..I knew that….but I figured well, maybe it would (this is typical guy behavior, we know something isn’t really right, but we do it anyway…sigh). Now what I did do, was to cut the sugar in half, White chocolate is sweeter, and I upped the flour by 1/3 cup……well that wasn’t quite enough. I should have used at least a half a cup, maybe even a little bit more. I also should have thrown it in the freezer for about 15 minutes to let it set up better, it started to spread before it went in the oven. But even with all that the cookie was almost, and I do say almost an OMG cookie. I used salted pistachios instead of walnuts, and the salt was perfect with the sweetness of the cookie, that was a good decision!
If you like cookies you make also like these recipes:
Chocolate Decadence Cookies
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 oz bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups walnuts or pecans chopped
- 12 oz premium chocolate chips semi sweet or milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Place 8 ounces of chocolate with the butter in double boiler to melt until smooth, then set aside.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla till thoroughly blended. Set on double boiler and whisk, until lukewarm.
- Stir eggs into warm (not hot) chocolate mixture.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate, then add nuts and chocolate chips.
- Scoop rounded tablespoon of cookie mixture onto cookie sheet 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookie looks dry on outside but is still gooey on inside, about 12-14 minutes