Perfect for any get together or just to make family time extra special. My Shrimp Scampi Dip is sure to please and will have your friends and family coming back for more.
What are you serving for the holidays? How about my Shrimp Scampi dip? It’s easy to make and will wow your friends and family!
There’s something magical about a hot dip. It’s something we never make at home and save for those special occasions out at our favorite restaurants. Why is that? If you think it’s too hard to make or takes too much time, have I got news for you.
My Shrimp Scampi Dip is not only easy to make but so cheesy and delicious, you’re guests will be begging for the recipe!
If you’d like to kick things up a notch at your next tailgate party, this would be a great way to get everyone’s attention. I mean everybody loves dips and who doesn’t love cheese and shrimp?
Let’s get started by assembling the ingredients. It’s easy to forget an ingredient, and by gathering all your ingredients before you start cooking, not only do you ensure you have everything on hand, you won’t forget an ingredient once you get busy cooking.
In chef speak we call this a mise en place, translated to everything in its place.
It’s really easy to vary the dip by swapping out the type of cheese you use or the star of the dip. Try using crab, lobster, or your favorite roasted vegetable.
This is a very versatile dip and will be your go-to appetizer for entertaining. Just remember to have enough on hand, your guests are going to love it!
Serve up this delicious dip with your favorite bread, crackers or flatbread.
If you love seafood as much as we do, you might also enjoy these recipes:
Shrimp Scampi Dip
- 12-16 medium sized shrimp 26-30 count
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves of garlic fine chop
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cabot's horseradish cheddar or your favorite cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons heavy mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon parsley -finely chopped
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Horseradish cheddar for top of dip or your favorite cheese
- preheat oven to 350
- Melt butter in large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and shrimp, saute until shrimp are almost done 2-3 minutes, then remove shrimp from pan, and allow to cool.
- Chop the shrimp into smaller pieces and set aside
- Add wine and lemon juice to pan.
- Bring the pan to a simmer and add in sour cream, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of horseradish cheddar, romano and mayonnaise.
- Add shrimp and parsley into the cheese mixture.
- Place mixture into a baking dish, top with the 1/4 cup of horseradish cheddar cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.