When it comes to grilling nothing beats seafood. And my Grilled Seafood Foil Packet will definitely kick up your grilling game and impress your friends and family with your grilling skills!
What ingredients do I need to make a Seafood Combo Foil Packet?
Let’s start by gathering the ingredients we need to make my Seafood Combo Foil Packet. In Chef Speak this is called the “Mise en Place” which translates to “Everything in its Place”.
Not only does setting your ingredients up ahead of time speed up the cooking process, but it also helps ensure you have everything you need to make the dish.
How do I make a Seafood Combo Foil Packet?
Start by cutting off four 16 inch pieces of Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil.
- Place the Halibut (or fish of your choice) in the center of one piece of the foil.
- Coat both sides of the fish with olive and season with sea salt and black pepper
- Add the mussels and clams to the sides of the fish, placing the shrimp on top of the seafood and placing the garlic cloves in the shellfish.
- Bring up the long sides of the foil, so the ends meet over the food
- Double fold the ends, leaving a little room for heat to circulate inside
- Double fold the two short ends to seal the packet
- Place the foil packet on top of an additional piece of foil and enclose the package. This will help prevent leaks into the grill and offer a little more protection from the heat.
Do I have to use Halibut in my seafood combo?
No, you don’t. Any type of fish that you enjoy eating can be used in this combo. And don’t be afraid to adjust the ingredients. If you don’t like mussels, leave them out and use more clams or add scallops.
This seafood combo can use any combination of fish and shellfish that you enjoy eating. You could even add lobster to the dish using small tails, split in half.
How do I cook the seafood combo foil packet?
Preheat your grill to 350 degrees and place the packets on the grill grates. Close the lid and allow the packets to cook for 15 minutes. This will fully cook the fish and shrimp while steaming the clams and mussels open.
Carefully remove the foil packets from the grill and cut them open.
*The steam can burn you so take your time and be careful when opening the packets.
Chef Dennis Tip:
Never use a wet towel to remove anything from the grill, stove or oven. Heat will cause the moisture to become steam.
Can I cook seafood combo foil packets in the oven?
Yes, you can. Place the packets on a sheet pan and roast at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
Using a spatula, place the fish in the center of a bowl (or plate) and place the clams, mussels, and shrimp around the fish. Pour the juice from the packet over the seafood and garnish with chopped parsley and crushed red pepper flakes.
Remember we eat first with our eyes, so take a little time to make it look pretty.
This would be a great dish for entertaining. Make up the packets ahead of time, then it’s a simple matter of heating up the grill and cooking these delicious seafood combinations. Wouldn’t this impress your friends and family?
And the best part is, cleanup is a breeze thanks to Reynolds Wrap®. Just toss the used foil and enjoy the seafood combo and the evening with your friends and family!