Enjoy a flavorful light Caponata served with pasta for a delicious restaurant style meal at a fraction of the cost! Perfect for your next Meatless Monday.
Pasta all Caponata, perfect for your next meatless Monday!
I make no secret of the fact that I do love pasta! Through all of my years as a chef, my specialties have always been Italian Style Dishes, many containing pasta as an integral part of the dish.
But with all of the world dishes I’ve created and served, it’s always the simplest dishes that make me the happiest. Pasta tossed with freshly made marinara, grilled vegetables or simply tossed in pesto make for a light, yet delicious meal.
With all the fresh vegetables in the market, I decided to make one of Lisa’s favorite bruschetta toppings and toss it with pasta instead. We couldn’t have asked for a fresher, tastier meal!
The grilled veggies made a flavorful caponata that was the perfect complement to an al dente linguine that had been tossed in extra virgin olive oil. Add a little freshly grated Pecorino Romano and you have one delicious plate of pasta.
Now all you need to complete your meal is a tossed salad, a loaf of crusty bread, and either a bottle of sparkling water or a nice light wine and you’ll have a restaurant style meal at a fraction of the cost and what could be better than that!
If you’ve tried my Pasta alla Caponata or any other recipe on askchefdennis.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @chefdenniseats and @chefdennistravels, Twitter and Facebook.
You might also like my Bucatini with Blackened Salmon and Gorgonzola.
Pasta alla Caponata
- 1 medium eggplant peeled grilled, small dice
- 1 small zucchini sliced long way grilled , small dice
- ½ cup assorted pitted olives small dice
- 1 medium tomato small dice
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound linguine or spaghetti
- Extra virgin olive oil to toss pasta
- 2 tablespoons Freshly grated Romano cheese to finish the dish
- Coat eggplant and zucchini in olive oil season with sea salt and pepper and grill or roast until barely cooked. Allow to cool before dicing.
- Dice eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes and olives (cut in a small dice)
- Mix all of the ingredients (except pasta and cheese) together a bowl and toss until mixed well and set aside. Keep at room temp if you are using immediately. If not using right away refrigerate mixture, allowing it to come back to room temperature before using.
- Cook pasta al dente, according to instructions on the box
- Toss cooked pasta with extra virgin olive oil, top with caponata and freshly grated romano cheese.