Mediterranean Style Salmon – Delicious and Healthy!
Since finding out that I like salmon (specifically Northwest Salmon) I’ve been enjoying experimenting with different ways to prepare and serve this delightful fish! One of my new favorites is my easy to make Mediterranean Style Salmon. You might also like my Pistachio Crusted Salmon and my Blackened Salmon with a Gorgonzola Cream
This is one of my Restaurant Style Dishes that you can make easily in your own home in less time than it takes to pick-up takeout and for a fraction of the cost of eating out……. What could be better?
Everyone has busy lives and eating well has to be one of the most important decisions we need to make. But eating healthy doesn’t mean we need to scrimp on the flavors and my Mediterranean Style Salmon is loaded with flavor. With a busy lifestyle we need to find healthy flavorful dishes that we can make in a short amount time, and of course, we need them to be cost effective.
Since my recent find of Northwest Coho Salmon at Costco, good salmon has become affordable and since its IQF frozen, readily available.
You can make the feta-olive tapenade ahead of time to even save yourself, even more time and do yourself a favor and make a little extra because you’re going to love the flavor of my feta-olive tapenade.
It makes a great bruschetta topping and would be delicious with grilled chicken or any other fish. Serve this dish with your favorite side dish or just a salad and you have a healthy delicious restaurant style dinner on your table in less than 30 minutes!
- 2 salmon filets I used coho
- 1/2 cup mixed olives
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup feta crumbles
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley
- splash of olive oil
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- rinse salmon under cold running water
- remove skin from salmon if still attached by careful running a knife between the skin and flesh of the salmon
- sprinkle the top of the salmon with sea salt and black pepper
- place salmon in baking dish with a little water in the dish to keep the salmon from drying out
- place in oven and bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with feta-olive tapenade
- chop mixed olives and tomatoes in a small dice
- finely chop Italian parsley
- mix the olives, tomatoes, parsley and feta crumbles together adding the olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- season to taste with sea salt and black pepper
- Top salmon liberally with feta-olive tapenade and serve