This is one of the most delicious pound cakes I've ever made or tasted! It's perfect for the holiday season or anytime of the year.
With the holiday’s approaching, family recipes will be shared in kitchens all over the world. And in my kitchen this December, I’ll be recreating Mama Jeanette’s Famous Italian Cannoli Pound Cake with a white chocolate ganache.
Mama Jeanette’s delicious cake is our holiday tradition. It’s an old family recipe that I’ve been trusted with and one I wanted to share with my extended family of friends and followers across the internet.
Do you have a family recipe that you’ll be making this holiday season to celebrate the season? If not think about adding this to your holiday traditions, I’m sure everyone at your house will be glad you did!
Let’s gather our ingredients for this delicious Italian Cannoli Pound Cake (aka mise en place).
This cake comes together pretty quickly and has such a delicious blend of flavors your house will smell amazing as it bakes in your oven. Just make sure to keep the coffee ready as your neighbors come over to see what your baking!
Mama Jeanette’s Cannoli Pound Cake was OMG delicious! Everyone that tasted it took home a copy of the recipe to make for their families’ holiday party.
It’s an easy cake to make and one that can become part of your holiday traditions for years to come.
Whether you have tried and true holiday dessert traditions or you’re creating your own holiday traditions, just remember that recipes are guides and you can always add your own personal touch to make your family recipe to be passed on for generations.
If you love cake as much as I do, you might also like these delicious cake recipes:
- Clementine Cranberry Pound Cake
- Meyer Lemon Pistachio Pound Cake (Starbucks Copycat Recipe)
- Peach Pecan Pound Cake
- Peaches and Cream Cottage Cheese Cake
Italian Cannoli Pound Cake with White Chocolate Ganache
- butter and sugar to coat loaf pan
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cinnamon chips
White Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prep a Standard loaf pan, coating with butter and sugar.
- In the bowl of your mixer add the sugar, orange and lime zest. With your mixer on low allow zest to mix into the sugar blending the oils from the zest into the sugar for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl blend together oil, vanilla, and eggs. Add in ricotta cheese and whisk until well blended, then slowly add sugar to the mixture.
- In another bowl mix flour, sea salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Slowly add flour into ricotta mixture, mix just until blended.
- Add in chocolate chips and cinnamon chips, only mix enough to combine the ingredients.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake oven for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool on wire rack in pan for 15 minutes, then turn the cake out of the pan and onto the rack to finish cooling.
White Chocolate Ganache
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- In a separate, microwave-safe container, microwave the heavy cream for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour the cream over the white chocolate, making sure that most of the white chocolate is covered. Let stand for 5 minutes. Then, stir in a gentle, circular motion until the white chocolate has melted completely and the mixture is smooth
- If necessary the mixture can be microwaved for a few seconds more.
- pour white chocolate ganache over cooled pound cake