I love how easy it is to make this peaches and cream breakfast cake. The addition of cottage cheese makes it extra moist and helps keep down the calories.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Sometimes it’s hard to get everyone to eat as they start their busy day, and that’s where my Peaches and Cream Breakfast Cake can help out.
Making breakfast easy for your family is key to making sure that they start the day off. Friendship Dairies cottage cheese fuels your day, but it also helps fuel whatever it is you’re into – those things you do that make you uniquely you. Whether you fancy high-intensity cardio, yoga, crafts, playing with the kids, hiking, singing, gardening, or even skydiving, protein-packed Friendship Dairies cottage cheese gives you the energy to do all the things you love.
Let’s start by getting our ingredients together (aka mise en place).
In no time at all your peaches and cream breakfast cake will be out of the oven and ready to serve.
You can also make it the night before so it’s ready for the early risers in your household.
If you love cake as much as I do, you might also like these delicious cake recipes:
- Clementine Cranberry Pound Cake
- Cannoli Pound Cake with White Chocolate Ganache
- Peach Pecan Pound Cake
- Meyer Lemon Pistachio Pound Cake (Starbucks Copycat Recipe)
Peaches and Cream Breakfast Cake
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup low-fat greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups sliced peaches fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8" springform pan
- Beat together the eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Add the melted butter, cottage cheese, yogurt and vanilla, beating until well combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder, stirring or beating gently to combine.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and place the peaches evenly over the top.
- Bake the cake for about 50 minutes until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes, to firm up.
- Serve warm