When you want to up your game a bit next time you host a get-together try my Crab Cake Sliders complete with coleslaw and french fries. Your friends and family will love these sliders.
You’re going to love my Crab Cake Sliders!
I do love crab cakes just about any time of the year, but summer is always the time I enjoy them the most. When I can find fresh crab meat in the market, you can be sure these little beauties will be on the menu at home!
You may remember I made these sliders for a challenge I did with Epicurious earlier in the year, and for some reason, I never got around to posting them. So when I made more of these tempting crab cake sliders over the weekend I knew they had to become a post this week.
Summers in full swing and what better way to celebrate the season than with this Seashore Sandwich, I know your friends and family will certainly thank you for making them.
For my crab cake sliders, I made homemade coleslaw and boardwalk fries, and my friends that was one delicious sandwich! I used potato dinner rolls for my sliders but feel free to use your favorite roll in its place, the crabcake will still be the star of your sandwich.
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like these:
- Blackened Salmon Sliders
- Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Philly Style Roast Pork Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Wild Boar / Pulled Pork Sliders
- 1 lb crab meat jumbo lump lump or claw, wild-caught
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon roasted red peppers or fresh red peppers finely chopped may be left out
- 1 tablespoon sweet onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 small head of cabbage - cored and sliced very thinly cored and sliced very thin
- 1/2 small red pepper or carrot sliced thinly and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 2 large potatoes washed and cut into shoestring french fries
- 2 cups vegetable oil to fry potatoes to fry potatoes
- Old Bay Seasoning to taste
- Mix crabmeat, chopped parsley, onion, and peppers together. Gently mix them do not break up lump crabmeat.
- In another bowl add the mayonnaise, and egg and mix together, then add the sugar, Old Bay, Worcestershire and lemon juice, mix well.
- Add the imperial sauce to the crabmeat and mix together gently, add in the bread crumbs and work them into the mixture.
- Allow this mixture to sit for about 10 minutes, the bread crumbs will soak up any extra liquid so you can easily form the crabcakes
- Divide the crabmeat mixture into 8 small crabcakes
- If you are frying the crabcakes, lightly coat the crabcake in panko bread crumbs, and sauté in olive oil till golden brown on both sides. Place in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cole Slaw
- Mix mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, sea salt and black pepper in a small bowl, blend the ingredients completely. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes so sugar fully dissolves, then remix the ingredients
- Mix together cabbage and red pepper, then add in coleslaw dressing and mix well to make sure all the cabbage and red peppers are thoroughly coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to use
- Place cut potatoes in a large bowl and rinse well with cold running water until the water becomes clear. Cover cut potatoes with water 1-inch past potatoes refrigerate for at least one hour
- Using a deep skillet, heat canola oil to 350 degrees (use a thermometer)
- Dry potatoes in kitchen towels to get all the water off of them
- Very Carefully Add dry potatoes to oil and fry until golden brown about 5-6 minutes, remove from pan and dry on paper towels. (you have just blanched the potatoes)
- When ready to serve re-fry the potatoes for 3-4 minutes to get them crispy.
- Sprinkle liberally with Old Bay seasoning
Build your sandwich
- Place crabcake on the bun
- Top with french fries and coleslaw and enjoy!