I love Blueberry muffins and decided to change up my recipe a bit adding muesli to create OMG delicious Blueberry Muesli Muffins! Great for a snack or a healthy breakfast, your family will love them.
How to make Blueberry Muesli Muffins
I do love blueberry muffins and I decided to change the recipe up a bit by adding in Muesli.
The Muesli gave the muffins an interesting texture and as a topping it made my muffins look even more appealing! Wouldn’t this be a great way to start your day?
These muffins hot out of the oven would be a great wake up for your family or friends. They freeze really well, so you can even make up a batch ahead of time and take them out as you need them.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might also these recipes:
- Black and White Muffins
- Nectarine Blueberry Muffins
- Doughnut Muffins and Blueberry Fritter
- Cherry Vanilla Muffins
Blueberry Muesli Muffins
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Old Country Muesli and more for the tops
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt vanilla or plain
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zested and a good squeeze of juice grated
- 3 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- Mix all your dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add in the Greek Yogurt, oil, vanilla, lemon zest, and juice from the lemon.
- Mix all the wet ingredients until well blended.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix just enough to blend.
- Fold in the blueberries into the muffin mix. (do not overmix)
- This will yield 6 large muffins or 12 small muffins Sprinkle tops with additional Muesli and bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees until the tops are golden brown