When you've got extra bananas to use up, give my banana pecan muffins recipe a try. You'll love these Coffee Shop style muffins for the amazing flavor and how easy they are to make!
Anyone that buys bananas knows you rarely get to eat them all before they go bad.
After you make your first batch of my Banana Pecan Muffins, you just might start buying more bananas.
Creating delicious Coffee Shop Style Muffins in your kitchen isn’t difficult. It’s all about the technique in mixing and the ingredients. And with my easy to make recipe, you’ll be creating delicious muffins for your friends and family to enjoy on a regular basis.
And yes they do freeze well!
What do I need to make Coffee Shop Style Banana Pecan Muffins?
Let’s start by gathering the ingredients we need to make Banana Pecan Muffins. In Chef Speak this is called the Mise en Place which translates into Everything in its Place.
Not only does setting your ingredients up ahead of time speed the cooking process, but it also helps ensure you have everything you need to make the dish.
Do I have to use Pecans in the Banana Muffins?
No, you don’t. If you’re not a fan of pecans or don’t have them on hand, you can use walnuts. Or simply leave the nuts out altogether it’s entirely up to you.
You can also replace the nuts with raisins, craisins, or chocolate chips.
WHAT CAN I USE INSTEAD OF Bananas?
This basic muffin recipe is all you need to start creating delicious Coffee Shop Style Muffins for your friends and family.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Peach or Nectarine
- Chocolate Chip (your choice from dark to white chocolate or a combination)
- Apple Streusel (saute apples in brown sugar, butter & cinnamon first)
How do I make Banana Pecan Muffins?
The first step is to mix together all your dry ingredients in one bowl and all your wet ingredients in another bowl.
Mix the mashed bananas into the wet ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients and pecans to the bowl of the wet ingredients. Mix just enough to blend all the ingredients together. Do not over mix!
Now it’s time to add the Secret Ingredient, heavy cream. Fold the cream into the batter. Don’t over mix!
Do I have to use cream in the muffin mix?
No, you don’t. You can replace the cream with milk (your choice of fat content), half and half
CAN I MAKE THE BATTER FOR THE Banana Pecan MUFFINS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes you can. In fact I always make mine the night before. In the morning I preheat the oven, scoop out the portions and bake them before anyone has gotten up. Easy-Peasy!
I would wait until the morning to add the batter to your muffin tin, especially if you’re using cupcake liners. Otherwise the muffins will stick to the paper.
CAN I ADD A TOPPING TO THE MUFFINS BEFORE BAKING?
Yes you can. Here are some of my favorites.
- Raw Sugar (large granules)
- Oats (uncooked oatmeal or breakfast grains)
- Chopped Nuts
HOW DO I MAKE STREUSEL TOPPING?
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tablespoons firm room temperature butter
Just mix them all together and you’ve got a streusel topping.
How should I bake the Banana Pecan muffins?
Bake the muffins in a preheated 375 degree F. oven for 30 -35 minutes. (make sure to test the center for doneness with a wooden skewer or knife)
**If the muffins start to get dark, cover them with foil to finish baking.
More Recipes You’ll Love!
- Coffee Shop Blueberry Muffins
- Black and White Muffins
- Doughnut Muffins and Blueberry Fritter
- Cherry Vanilla Muffins
Banana Pecan Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar I used Demerara Sugar, but any sugar will do
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ cup Greek yogurt full-fat vanilla or plain
- ¾ cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups bananas mashed
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream optional
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl. Set aside until needed.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add in the Greek yogurt, oil, lemon zest and lemon juice.Mix all these ingredients until well blended.
- Mix the mashed bananas into the wet ingredients.
- Add the flour mixture and pecans to the wet mixture and mix just enough to blend. Don't overmix or it will make the muffins tough.
- My secret ingredient that makes the muffins even more delicious is heavy cream. Add it at this point if you are opting to use it.*Feel free to use your choice of cream, milk or yogurt as a replacement.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 -35 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.