When friends come over for your next get together serve up some deliciousness with my Asian Glazed Bacon Wrapped Chicken Legs with a Pineapple-Mango Salsa.
Asian Glazed Bacon Wrapped Chicken Legs
There are so many new and exciting flavors to enjoy in your day to day cooking. Combining them is half the fun of cooking, I hope you’re enjoying your time in the kitchen!
Oh sweet bacon, how do I love thee, let me count the ways….
I’ve been a chef for most of adult life and friends are always asking me for party snacks and more filling appetizers. Finger Foods is the phrase I hear time and time again. And it’s funny how bacon seems to work its way into so many of my delicious ideas! Coincidence? I think not. More than likely, part of the grander plan of deliciousness for everyone….sigh
So as I rattled my brain for a new way to use bacon in a recipe and I came up the idea for my glazed chicken legs.
The best thing about this dish is how quick it comes together. Start off by wrapping the chicken legs with a slice of Bacon.
I love sweet chili sauce and this was the perfect way to add a spicy-sweet layer of flavor to my chicken legs. Simply brush the chicken legs with the sweet chili sauce.
Then pop them into a 425-degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until they’re crispy. I took the legs out after 15 minutes and brushed them again with the sweet chili sauce.
I made a fresh Pineapple-Mango Salsa to go along with my spicy sweet chicken legs…. can you say Deliciousness?
Here’s my quick video recipe to inspire you to get into your kitchen and start cooking!
If you’ve tried my Glazed Chicken Leg recipe or any other recipe on askchefdennis.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @chefdenniseats and @chefdennistravels, Twitter and Facebook
Asian Glazed Bacon Wrapped Chicken Legs with A Pineapple-Mango Salsa
Glazed Chicken Legs
- 3 pounds chicken legs (12 legs)
- .75 pound bacon 12 slices
- 2 cups sweet chili sauce more if needed
- 1 cup prepared sweet chili sauce
- ½ cup finely chopped mango
- ½ cup finely chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- juice from one lime
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Glazed Chicken Legs
- rinse and pat dry chicken legs
- wrap each chicken leg with one slice of bacon
- place bacon wrapped legs on baking dish
- brush each bacon wrapped leg liberally with sweet chili sauce
- place in oven for 15 minutes
- remove from oven and brush with sweet chili sauce, return to oven for 10 additional minutes
- *place under the broiler for 5 more minutes if you want the legs extra crispy
- In a small bowl add chopped pineapple, mango, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and 1 cup sweet chili sauce.
- blend together well and serve with chicken legs.