When its time for dinner try my Tuscan Chicken and Sausage with Pasta Recipe. It will be like bringing your favorite Italian restaurant into your own kitchen. You'll how easy it is to make and how much money you'll save making this restaurant-style dish at home.
Mama Mia its Tuscan Chicken and Sausage!
I’ll be the first to admit we do eat a lot of pasta, it just seems that so many of the saute dishes I create go so well served over linguine or spaghetti. Many times what I create for dinner comes from what I have in the refrigerator to work with.
Of course, I do buy specific items for menu ideas that I have, but some of the time If I haven’t really given it any thought, I’ll just buy basic items and come up with something on the spot working with what I have in the fridge and the pantry.
In my restaurant kitchen that’s how many of my specials were created. By working this way in my restaurant kitchen, this not only helped me to come up with new and interesting specials but it also helped me utilize the foods that I had on hand.
Whether it be at home or at a restaurant the last thing you want to do is waste money by not using the product that you already purchased. You’ll find that by working this way, you’ll come up with some pretty tasty combinations! Don’t be afraid to experiment, just taste as you go and make adjustments as needed, you’ll find more times than not you’ll be successful!
You can be creative with this dish depending upon what you have on hand, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes or cannellini beans would be wonderful additions, as would jumbo shrimp! Just make sure not to overcook the shrimp if you do use them, taking them out of the pan when they are almost ready, and then returning them to the pan for the final reheat before serving.
I kept this dish fairly simple, sometimes that’s the best way to enjoy the flavors.
If you’ve tried my Tuscan Chicken and Sausage recipe or any other recipe on askchefdennis.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @chefdenniseats and @chefdennistravels, Twitter and Facebook.
You might also like my Chicken Scarpariello Recipe.
Tuscan Chicken and Sausage with Pasta Recipe
- 8 oz chicken tenders
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers- sliced
- 2 oz sweet Italian sausage
- 6 oz sweet marsala
- 6 oz chicken stock
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp grated romano cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 lb linguine or spaghetti
- Cook pasta per instructions on the box at the same time you begin cooking this dish.
- Dredge chicken tenders in flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- place floured tenders in a large saute pan with enough olive oil to saute them.
- Cook chicken 3-4 minutes on one side and turn them over
- Add in the sliced sweet sausage, sliced mushrooms and roasted red peppers and saute until for another 5 minutes turning the chicken after it has been browned on the other side.
- Add all but 2 ounces of marsala wine wine to pan to deglaze the pan, allow alcohol to cook off for a minute then add the chicken stock,and a pinch of black pepper
- reduce heat and continue to cook while sauce is reducing.
- Take the butter and coat it in flour pressing flour into the butter and add to the sauce (this is called a beurre manie) it will thicken the sauce and the butter will impart a rich flavor
- as the sauce begins to thicken lower heat to simmer, and add remaining marsala and grated cheese
- Serve over pasta, garnish with fresh chopped basil and enjoy!