You'll love the flavor combination of these Slow Cooker Style, Tangerine Sticky Ribs! Bursting with flavor and fall off the bone tender.
Every time I use my slow cooker I swear that I’ll start using it more often! And when I cook up deliciousness like these amazing Tangerine Sticky Ribs it makes even more of a believer of slow cooking.
The recipe is really simple and by stocking up on a few Asian Cooking Ingredients, you’ll have everything you need for a delicious weeknight splurge.
Cooking Asian style meals in your home is all about having the right ingredients on hand. Once your pantry is stocked you’ll find many recipes you’ll enjoy making for your family and friends.
Let’s start by gathering our ingredients. In Chef Speak we call this a Mise en Place, which translates to everything in its place.
Getting your ingredients ready before you begin cooking really helps speed the process along and is a great way to make sure you have all the ingredients you need on hand.
Once you’ve got all your ingredients you can begin adding them to your slow cooker. Using your slow cooker to make delicious meals couldn’t be easier.
Enjoy your day while your slow cooker does all the work!
When the timer goes off, you’ve only got one step to complete your dinner.
Take all the liquid from the slow cooker and place it in a saucepan. Let the liquid reduce by 50% or until it’s thick enough to be used as a sauce for the ribs.
Brush the sauce on the ribs and serve up deliciousness to your guests. If you’d like the ribs a little crisper, give them a few minutes under the broiler. Or finish your Tangerine Sticky Ribs off on the grill.
If you’re not fond of ribs or would like to change this recipe up, try it with chicken.
If you love your slow cooker you might also enjoy these recipes:
- Guinness BBQ Beef Ribs
- Chicken Merlot
- Ginger Beer BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- Wild Boar (and pulled pork sliders)
Tangerine Sticky Ribs
- 3 pounds rack baby back pork ribs
- 2 tangerines coarsely chopped
- 1 cup tangerine juice
- 1 cup orange blossom honey
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove large garlic coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tangerine zest
- 1 knob fresh ginger peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or your favorite chili pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped tangerine peel for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or cilantro for ganish
- Cut baby back ribs into portions that will fit into your slow cooker.
- Add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, peppercorns and tangerine zest to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place ribs on top of seasonings
- Add tangerine juice, honey, hoisin, chili pepper sauce and five spice powder to slow cooker pouring over ribs. Don't worry it will all come together.
- Set timer for 4 hours on fast or 6-7 hours on slow. Ribs should be cooked till tender, not falling off the bone.
- Remove liquid from slow cooker when the time goes off and place in a small saucepan.
- Allow liquid to reduce by half, or until nicely thickened. You want the sauce to seriously cling to the ribs.
- Brush generous amounts of sauce on ribs, serve and enjoy!
- * you can place them in the broiler for a few minutes if you like, but I don't think they need it.