My Ginger Beer Barbecue Baby Back Ribs are fall off the bone delicious and so very easy to make using your slow cooker. Definitely a family pleaser!
It may be hard to believe but up until last year I had never owned or used a slow cooker. I know, crazy isn’t it! Well, one taste of these Slow Cooker Ginger Beer Barbecue Baby Back Ribs has made me a slow cooker convert!
If they were any easier to make they’d make themselves, and as for flavor……these baby back ribs were fall off the bone delicious!
Lisa has always loved Baby Back Ribs and I must admit grilling is not one of my specialties. And while using a slow cooker to make ribs would make any grilling aficionado cringe, I gotta say it’s my go-to style for cooking ribs and other meats that require long cooking times.
Being a guy and with the whole boys and their toys stigma, I opted for the Ninja 3-1 Slow Cooker. I went with this model not only because it sounded really cool, but because of the oblong size, the positive reviews and the fact that I can sear the meat in the cooker before using the slow cooker function ( I haven’t used it yet, but thought it might come in handy)
Just to be clear, Ninja isn’t asking me to say these things and I’m not being compensated in any way, this is just me sharing a product I use and like. Of course, if Ninja happens to read this post and wants to send me more toys, I wouldn’t mind!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did and feel free to have fun with the recipe swapping out with your favorite beer or soda.
If you love your slow cooker you might also enjoy these recipes:
- Tangerine Sticky Ribs
- Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Ribs
- Chicken Merlot
- Wild Boar (and pulled pork sliders)
Slow Cooker Ginger Beer Barbecue Baby Back Ribs
- 1 rack baby back ribs cut two pieces
- 2 cups barbecue sauce I used Sweet Baby Rays
- 12 ounces ginger beer or your favorite premium beer
- 1 tbsp Montreal steak seasoning for ribs
- 1 slices orange leave the peel on
- rinse the ribs under cold running water, pat dry with paper towels
- season the tops of the ribs with Montreal seasoning according to taste and place into slow cooker. Be careful too much seasoning will make these very peppery.
- add barbecue sauce, ginger beer and orange slices into the slow cooker
- turn on slow cooker to high setting and cook for 4 hours and 30 minutes for very tender ribs, 5 hours for fall off the bone ribs.
- turn off the slow cooker and remove the cooking liquids and place in saucepan over high heat to reduce the sauce until it thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon some of the sauce over the ribs and if you want them to caramelize place them under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Serve up your deliciousness with your favorite sides!