You'll love this Pork tenderloin, stuffed with a combination of sausage, spinach, bread and mozzarella cheese served with a mushroom marsala sauce! It's a perfect date night dinner!
Delicious easy to make Stuffed Pork Tenderloin-
Throughout my career as a restaurant chef, I always enjoyed creating flavorful dishes stuffed with a variety of ingredients, taking a lackluster dish and turning it into culinary adventure!
I think the greatest joy a chef can have is walking through the dining room and hearing an occasional moan while someone is enjoying one of your creations. This dish caused that very reaction when I served it for dinner, even it was just from me…..sigh.
The stuffing was a delicious blend of flavors with the sweet sausage, bread stuffing, cheese, and spinach. It was truly delicious, especially served with my classic marsala sauce.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might also like my
- Peppered Pork Loin with a Sweet Chili Pecan Fruit Sauce
- Oven Roasted Rack of Pork
- Coffee Dry Rub Pork Chops
- Pan Seared Pork Tenderloin
Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Sausage and Spinach
Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- 2 in Pork Tenderloin usually two a pack
- 1 lb sweet sausage
- 8 oz bag baby spinach
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups stale bread cubes
- 1 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 oz chicken stock more if needed
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Marsala
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 12 oz mushrooms - sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 oz heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- begin by cleaning up the tenderloin, removing silver skin and fat.
- Split tenderloin down the middle
- Cover the split tenderloin with plastic wrap and using the flat side of a meat hammer, pound out the pork to increase the size of the tenderloin.
- remove the casing from the sausage and cook in a frying pan breaking up the pieces so they look like ground meat. (allow to cool slightly)
- in another frying pan with a little water in the pan cook the spinach leaves until completely wilted, then squeeze out any additional water
- Using stale bread, cut it into cubes or small pieces
- In a large bowl, mix together the bread, sausage, spinach, mozzarella, egg and chicken stock, blend all the ingredients together*
- divide stuffing between two pork tenderloins, and roll tenderloins, along the long side making a log, tucking the edges in to seal it.
- dredge the stuffed tenderloin in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Place cookie sheet into preheat oven with olive oil in pan and allow it to get heat for about 10 minutes.
- remove pan from oven and very carefully roll the tenderloin in the hot oil to sear it slightly, Be very careful hot oil can burn!
- Place pan with tenderloins back into the oven and bake for 25 minutes
- saute mushrooms in a little olive oil for about five minutes or until they are tender.
- add marsala (reserve two tablespoons) and chicken stock, reduce heat and allow to simmer
- roll pieces of the butter in flour to make a Beurre manie, then add to the simmering stock to help thicken the sauce.
- add cream and continue to simmer
- before serving add the remainder of the marsala to boost the flavor.
- slice stuffed pork tenderloin about 1/2 thick and serve with mushroom marsala sauce