Whether you use fresh or frozen peaches this Peach Pecan Pound cake will be a welcome addition to your table. For breakfast or dessert its sure to please.
We have been so lucky this past week enjoying near perfect weather this week, although I don’t think anyone would mind if the rain slowed up a bit. Normal for this time of year since June is 8 inches and we’ve had about 28 inches this season already! But this week has been glorious! No humidity and temps dropping into the 6o’s at night, just perfect weather. I told Lisa these are the days I will miss when we move, but she quickly reminded me that this weather will be winter in Florida…..I think I can deal with that!
I think the only weather I will truly miss will be those crisp cold days in October when the leaves are changing and evenings become the time to share a hot chocolate around a fire outside. Spring is a wonderful time of year, but Autumn has always been my favorite, and that I will miss. …..sigh, but that’s why they make airplanes.
Baking is always so easy in the fall too, you don’t mind putting the oven on, where in summer or the heat it’s not always a good idea. But since the weather gave us a break, I thought I’d use some of the delicious juicy Jersey peaches that our markets have been overflowing with and make a Peach Pound Cake.
I don’t know if its because I’m a Southern boy or if its just because I like pecans, but it just didn’t seem right making a peach cake without adding in a few pecans.
If you love cake as much as I do, you might also like these delicious cake recipes:
- Clementine Cranberry Pound Cake
- Cannoli Pound Cake with White Chocolate Ganache
- Meyer Lemon Pistachio Pound Cake (Starbucks Copycat Recipe)
- Peaches and Cream Cottage Cheese Cake
Peach Pecan Pound Cake
- 6 ounces softened butter (firm not too mushy)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs + one egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup peach Greek yogurt plain or vanilla is ok
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh peaches diced
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners sugar to dust
- In your stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 5 min)
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, scraping the bowl down in between each egg.
- Add vanilla, and lemon zest, mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, whisking together to mix well.
- Add half the flour, and blend in just until mixed.
- Add the Greek yogurt, and mix just until incorporated, then add the additional flour and blend just until mixed in.
- Fold peaches and pecans into the mixture.
- Pour batter into buttered pound cake pan bake on center rack at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 10-15 minutes then invert on to a plate and allow to continue to cool on the rack.
- Dust with confectioners sugar when ready to serve.