Don't you just love Tacos? My Grilled Shrimp Street Tacos will turn any night into a fiesta. They're easy to make and will have your family and friends shouting for more!!
How to make Grilled Shrimp Street Tacos and make summertime fun time!
You’ll love these grilled shrimp street tacos at your next grill event! Flour tortilla filled with a bok choy slaw, grilled seasoned shrimp, pineapple salsa and lime crema.
I’m not sure if I’ve ever mentioned that I was born in Louisianna. My father was stationed at Camp Polk in Leesville during my mother’s pregnancy and although I only spent a brief time in Louisianna, one thing that my father learned while stationed in that backwater town was that shrimp were ah-mazingly delicious. Specifically Louisiana Shrimp.
Because of his love for shrimp, we learned to eat them at an early age and in mass quantities. You see in those days shrimp was basically a throwaway food that the poor ate. Imagine that….lol. So when my father cooked shrimp it was five pounds at a time. He would fry up more than half of them and make shrimp cocktail with the rest.
We loved the fried shrimp, but he was definitely a shrimp cocktail man. I can still remember the care he took icing up the tray and placing those lovely delicious morsels on the ice to be enjoyed when fully chilled with a tangy cocktail sauce, the old man loved his shrimp cocktail.
Let’s get started with our mise en place (everything in its place) for our Grilled Shrimp Street Tacos, slaw, pineapple salsa and lime crema (already prepared).
Once all the components are ready, you can either make the tacos up for your guests or let them have some of the fun assembling these delicious treats.
If you like a little more heat to your tacos just add some jalapenos or your favorite hot sauce.
My Grilled Shrimp Street Tacos were bursting with flavor and textures. I loved the crunch of the bok choy slaw and the spiciness of the shrimp with the sweetness of the pineapple salsa. It all came together in that flour tortilla with the crowning touch being the lime crema.
I will admit I had four of those beauties before I even let my wife near them!
If you love Grilling you might also like these recipes:
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas Bar
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Caponata
- Grilled Cedar Planked Salmon
- Grilled Blueberry Bourbon Pork Steaks
Grilled Shrimp Street Tacos with Lime Crema
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 8 flour tortillas grilled or heated on a skillet
- 1 head bok choy fine shred
- 1 bunch scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup pepper red sweet
- 1 cup pineapple small dice
- 1/4 cup red onion small dice
- 1 teaspoon cilantro finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- sea salt season to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 juice from one lime
- sea salt season to taste
- Mix sour cream, heavy cream, sea salt and lime juice together in a small bowl. Allow it to sit unrefrigerated for 2-3 hours. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Mix together boy choy, scallions, and pepper. Refrigerate until needed
- Mix together pineapple, red onion, cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with sea salt.
- season shrimp with your choice of seasonings. I used cajun seasoning
- grill shrimp for approximately 3 minutes per side or until completely cooked
- Set up ingredients to allow guests to build their own taco My suggested order: Flour tortilla, slaw, grilled shrimp, salsa, crema.