For a summer taste sensation try my easy Clementine Gelato and over the top delicious Clementine Colada. You'll make your own Hot Fun in the Summertime!
What could be better in the hot summer months than homemade Clementine Gelato and a creamy Frozen Colada? Of course, they’re just as delicious in December as they are in July so feel free to indulge any time of year.
What Kind of Juice Should I use to Make Tangerine Gelato?
Using natural fresh ingredients will make your gelato oh so delicious. That’s why I always look for locally produced juices. I chose a local brand that produces a clementine (tangerine) juice. You can use any type of orange/tangerine juice available. Or any flavor juice you enjoy, it’s just that simple!
Here’s a Fun Fact it takes 12 Tangerines to make a 32-ounce bottle of juice.
Is it difficult to make Gelato?
The Gelato couldn’t be simpler to make using only 3 ingredients and your own gelato or ice cream maker. I like to call my Clementine Gelato, Frozen Sunshine! And if any of you remember creamsicles this gelato will take you back to those delicious flavors.
Can I Use an Ice Cream Maker to Make a Gelato Recipe?
Yes, you can. The difference between the two machines is gelato is churned at a much slower rate than ice cream, incorporating less air and leaving the gelato denser than ice cream. The recipes generally use milk instead of cream allowing the flavor of the gelato to be more prominent.
What Other Flavors of Gelato are Easy to Make?
If you love Gelato as much as I do, you may also like these recipes:
- The Best and Easiest Strawberry Gelato
- Blueberry Cheesecake and Very Cherry Gelato
- Grilled Peaches and Cream Gelato
- Meyer Lemon Gelato
Clementine Colada & Clementine Gelato
- 4 ounces cream of coconut (very cold almost frozen)
- 8 ounces tangerine juice frozen into ice cubes
- 2 ounces rum
- 2 cups tangerine juice
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- mix all ingredients in a blender and pulse until creamy
- serve and enjoy!
- **Alternate method is to place all ingredients in an ice cream maker and allow mixture to freeze until creamy
- mix all ingredients together and add into your gelato or ice cream maker and allow to thicken and begin to freeze. Follow instructions that came with your machine.
- Allow finished product to freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.