I’ve talked many times about changing my eating habits and moving towards fish more than meat. For me, that meant adding layers of flavor to many of the fish I prepare at home.
Whether it be in a sauce or seasoning, I like to challenge my taste buds and make myself smile, happy feet included! And my Blackened Mahi-Mahi with a Pineapple Lobster Sauce certainly had those happy feet moving. The balance of spicy and sweet along with that flaky tender Mahi and juicy pineapple made for a flavorful dinner.
Enjoy this Restaurant Style Dinner in your own home for a fraction of the cost of going out and cooked in less time than driving to pick up take out!
How do I make Blackening Seasoning?
If you can’t buy blackening seasoning aka Cajun Spice where you live, here is a basic recipe that can be adjusted to your likes.
- 2 tablespoons paprika (smoked or regular)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tesaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (more if you like heat, but be careful)
More Fish Recipes You’ll Love!
- How to Poach Mahi-Mahi
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Caponata
- Pan Seared Halibut
- Red Snapper with a Lobster Cream Sauce