It’s no secret that I love chicken wings, and my Baked Chicken Wings are perfectly seasoned and oven-roasted to a crispy, delicious golden brown that your whole family will love!
My crispy chicken wings are delicious right out of the oven, served with your favorite bleu cheese dressing or ranch dressing. But you can also toss them with your favorite Buffalo sauce, hot sauce, or BBQ sauce.
The sauce will cling to the crispy skin, making delicious baked Buffalo wings. They’re crispy on the outside with juicy tender meat on the inside.
Ingredients for Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
Let’s start by gathering the ingredients we need to make Crispy Baked Chicken Wings. In Chef Speak, this is called the “Mise en Place,” which translates to “Everything in its Place.”
Not only does setting up your ingredients ahead of time speed up the cooking process, it also helps ensure you have everything you need to make the dish.
I used simple seasonings to make my chicken wing recipe, but you can always add any of your favorite seasonings. Chili powder, onion powder, smoked paprika or sweet paprika, and cayenne pepper for a touch of heat.
You can also use your favorite seasoning blend or a touch of parmesan cheese to make my easy chicken wing recipe.
How to make Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- Place the wings on a cutting board, then cut the wings at the joint into 2 or 3 pieces. You can serve the wingette with the wingtip attached or removed.
*You can discard the tip or save it for soup stock.
- Preheat your oven to 400°Fahrenheit.
- Add the garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and baking powder to a small bowl.
- Whisk to combine the seasonings.
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel, then place them in a large bowl and toss with half of the seasoning mixture.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil (or parchment paper) and place a wire rack on top of the pan. Spray the rack with non-stick pan spray and arrange the wings in a single layer on the prepared wire rack.
- Sprinkle the remaining seasoning mixture on the wings.
- Place the tray on the center rack of the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and turn the wings over. Return the pan to the oven and continue to bake for 25 minutes.
*Depending on the size of the wings, you may need to bake them 5-10 minutes longer.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the crispy baked wings cool for 5 minutes before serving if you’re not tossing them in Buffalo sauce. If you are using sauce, there is no need to let them cool.
*If you don’t have a wire rack, you can place them directly on the foil.
These crispy wings would make a delicious addition, at your next get-together, game day, or just to treat your family.
Store any leftover baked chicken wings refrigerated in an airtight container for up to three days. Reheat them for 10-15 in a 400-degree oven.
*Use an instant-read thermometer to make sure they reach at least 165 degrees F.
Absolutely. I’ve used this method and seasoning blend to make baked chicken thighs, breasts, and legs. Just remember to adjust the cooking time, depending on which part you use. Always use an instant-read thermometer to ensure they reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees.
You can toss them with two teaspoons of baking powder before adding the seasoning. This will dry them out and make them even crispier.
*Some recipes use baking powder, but that is not the best choice.
Definitely 400 degrees. The high heat will crisp up the chicken wings while keeping the inside juicy. Any higher than 400 and risk the wings drying out.