You'll love this easy and delicious recipe for homemade Corn Fritters, Its a great way to get your family to eat more vegetables.
I love fresh corn and couldn’t think of a better way to use it than in my homemade Corn Fritters.
Everyone loves corn on the cob, and whether its boiled, grilled or roasted it’s always delicious. Of course, you can simply cut it off the cob and sauté it with a little olive oil or butter, add some sea salt and black pepper and you’ve got an easy to eat side dish for just about any meat, poultry or fish you’re cooking up for dinner.
Even raw the corn makes an excellent addition to a salad.
If you want to change things up a bit, my easy to make and oh so tasty corn fritters are a great way to serve fresh up your local sweet corn.
Here’s what you need to make these delicious Corn Fritters and also a Quick and easy Black Bean – Roasted Corn Salsa.
You’re going to love making the fritters and this healthy quick and easy salsa. And more importantly your friends and family are going to love them too!
If you’ve tried my Corn Fritters recipe or any other recipe on askchefdennis.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @chefdenniseats and @chefdennistravels, Twitter and Facebook
- 2 ears of roasted corn off the cob
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup red pepper - diced
- 1/4 Cup Spring Onions Chopped
- 1 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Eggs Lightly Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Combine eggs, milk and butter, add in the corn, peppers, cilantro and spring onions.
- Fold in Flour to mixture, mix just enough to incorporate all of the ingredients. (add more or less flour as needed)
- Drop by Tablespoonful's into hot oil (use a sauté pan with about 1/2 inch of Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil)
- Sauté for about 90 seconds, the Fritter should be Golden Brown. Turn over fritter and cook until that side is Golden Brown.
- You can continue to cook the fritters until they are fully cooked in the sauté pan, or allow to cool and reheat for 10 minutes in a 350 oven when you're ready to serve.