A delicious take on a classic vegetable. Kale and Corn Succotash with Tomatoes. Perfect side dish for chicken or seafood. Fast and easy to make.
We do love vegetables in our house and my Kale and Corn Succotash was a nice change from our normal vegetable selection. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Not only was my side beautiful, but it was also healthy and delicious!
For a quick and easy dinner I came up with a healthy and delicious side dish, Kale and Corn Succotash to go along with my stuffed chicken breasts. As always I start off my gathering my ingredients setting up my mise en place (everything in its place).
With my stuffed chicken breasts in the oven, I started to make my kale and corn succotash. This is a perfect complement to just about any entre. Especially something from the grill!
It only took a few minutes to prepare the succotash and it was amazingly delicious!
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like these:
- Root Vegetable Paella
- Ratatouille Two Ways
- Apple Beet Compote
- Thanksgiving Side Dishes (good anytime of year)
Kale and Corn Succotash
- 2 cups corn - fresh or frozen off the cob
- 2 cups fresh kale - chopped in small pieces
- 1 shallot - finely diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half longways
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- olive oil as needed to saute
- In a large saute pan add a little olive oil and allow pan to get hot.
- add corn to pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- add in chopped kale and shallots, continue to saute for 3-5 minutes. Add additional oil if necessary, or add water.
- add in grape tomatoes and remove from heat. Reseason with sea salt and black pepper if necessary.
- Reheat briefly when ready to serve.