This post is brought to you thanks to my friends at Johnsonville. All opinions, text and “grilled brats three ways” are 100% mine and genuine.
Nothing says summer like grilling outside with your family, friends and neighbors. I’m sure everyone is making plans to celebrate our nation’s birthday with a cookout. And the all-American holiday deserves the #1 American brand of Brats, Johnsonville Brats.
Before I start cooking I like to gather my ingredients together forming my mise en place (everything in its place). It makes cooking easier and faster when you have everything ready to go!
I had a hard time deciding on which style of Johnsonville Brat to use. They have a brat for every occasion. Since I was going to make some fun flavors with my brats I decided to get the Original Bratwurst.
Look around for some of the new style brats and some of the old favorites that are back for the summer! You can find them available in Trays and Party Packs.
- Firecracker Bratwurst
- Original Brats
- Beer ‘n Brats
- Cheddar Brats
- Chipotle & Monterey Jack
- Irish O’ Garlic Links
- Hot ‘n Spicy
- Grilling Chorizo
- Cheddar Cheese and Bacon
- Fresh Polish Kielbasa
- Hatch Chili
- Buffalo Bleu Brats
Johnsonville makes it easy and delicious for you to up your grilling game with dozens of varieties of grillers, bratwursts and sausage – both fully-cooked and fresh
Johnsonville Brats are the original “thrill for the grill” that started an American fun food revolution. Perfect for any occasion and a favorite at picnics and barbecues everywhere. You can have fun coming up with your own toppings, mixing and matching for every occasion.
Let’s start off with a Breakfast Brat. Hickory smoked bacon and a fried egg.
Then it’s time to spice things up a bit with my version of a buffalo blue cheese brat.
Last but not least I created a Baltimore Brat, by topping a Johnsonville Brat with sautéed shrimp seasoned with old bay.
If you’ve tried my Grilled Brats or any other recipe on askchefdennis.com please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you enjoyed it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on Instagram @chefdenniseats and @chefdennistravels, Twitter and Facebook.
Grilled Brats with Toppings
Buffalo Blue Brat
- in Franks buffalo sauce warmed microwave
- blue cheese crumbles
- medium shrimp as needed
- olive oil
- old bay sesoning
- Eggs - 1 per Brat
- slice Bacon -1 per Brat
- butter to fry egg
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Grill Brats per instructions on package
Buffalo Bleu Brat
- Place cooked brat on roll, slather with warmed buffalo sauce and sprinkle with bleu cheese crumbles
- saute shrimp in a little olive oil , and season to taste with old bay seasoning
- place brat on roll and top with sautéed shrimp
- Cook Bacon in 400 degree oven for 18 minutes or until fully cooked but not real crispy
- allow to drain on paper towels till needed
- fry eggs two at a time over easy in one tablespoon of butter in non stick pan
- wrap brat in one slice of bacon (or two) and place on bun. Top with fried egg seasoned with sea salt and black pepper.