When it comes to comfort food White Truffle Mac and Cheese takes comfort food to a decadent new level. Wouldn't you like to bring this restaurant-style dish to your kitchen table?
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Truffle Hunter Oils. All opinions are honest and 100% my own.
White Truffle Oil – A Chefs Secret Ingredient
For years chefs kept a closely guarded secret on how they achieved the flavor profiles of certain signature dishes that they served to their guests. And for the last few years, that secret ingredient has been showing up in many of our favorite restaurants and pubs.
Now that the secret is out of the bag, we practically drool on our menus when we see our favorite dishes made with Truffle oil……sigh. It even gets my taste buds watering!
But what many people don’t know is that you can buy truffle oil and replicate your favorite dishes in your home anytime you like. My friends at Truffle Hunter have the perfect assortment of the most sought-after truffle oils that can make you a superstar in your own kitchen! And the best part is you can get this Truffle Oil gift set on Amazon. I love shopping on Amazon!
If you just want to get the white truffle oil to try out my recipe and experiment with, you can get the White Truffle Oil on Amazon as well.
Now let’s get ready to make some deliciousness by gathering the ingredients (mise en place) for our White Truffle Cheddar Mac and Cheese.
With the holidays approaching I’m sure you’ll be entertaining as much as I will if not more. And trying to come up with dishes I can prepare in advance that will still wow guests isn’t always easy. My white truffle cheddar mac and cheese will not only wow your guests but can be ready to pop in the oven when they arrive, leaving you time to spend with your guests instead of in the kitchen.
Trust me when I say they’ll know something delicious is going on just from the delightful aroma coming from your kitchen… OMG I love truffle oil…..sigh.
But the proof is in the taste and one fork full of this delicious mac and cheese will have them asking for the recipe!
You love comfort food you might also like these recipes:
- Chicken Marsala
- White Cheddar Lobster Mac and Cheese
- Deconstructed Chicken Stew
- Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich
White Truffle Oil Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- 1 pound pasta I used cavatappi
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces Romano cheese grated
- 2-3 tbsp white truffle oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375. Butter a 9x12 baking dish, set aside.
- Cook pasta to al dente, according to package instructions. Set aside until needed.
- In a medium-sized saucepot over medium heat, melt four tablespoons of butter. Add the flour into the butter and whisk together. Continue to cook and whisk for 2-3 minutes while making sure it doesn't burn. This is your roux.
- Gradually pour the milk into the flour mixture while whisking. This needs to be done slowly to keep the sauce from being lumpy.
- Once all milk is added, add the half and half, paprika, salt, pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk until its completely blended in, then add in the grated Romano cheese.
- After the other cheese has been blended completely, add in the shredded cheddar 1/3 at a time. Keep whisking until each addition is blended into the sauce.
- Make sure the cheese is fully incorporated before adding more. Continue this until all cheese has been added. Add 1-2 tablespoons of truffle oil depending on how prominent you want the truffle oil flavor to be. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add the red pepper and half of the parsley.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to fully coat pasta with cheese sauce.
- Pour noodles into the prepared baking dish. Top with panko breadcrumbs. Drizzle remaining truffle oil over the breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes, until breadcrumbs are golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for about five minutes before serving.