This cheesecake is definitely a fall dessert, even though it would be delicious any time of the year. The creamy texture and praline topping go so well with the light pumpkin flavor.
Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake…..can you hear it calling you?
If you’re looking for a delicious and creamy cheesecake for your fall table to impress your family, or to just make a weeknight a special occasion, give my Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake a try.
One of my favorite things about this time of year is how often pumpkin is used and how creative the recipes are! There are so many talented bloggers coming up with new and exciting uses for pumpkin. It almost makes you wish we used it all year long, but then I guess it wouldn’t be that special anymore…..sigh
I have to admit, for the most part, I only use pumpkin in baking, pies, cakes, and of course cheesecakes. I’m definitely not re-inventing the wheel here, but Lisa loves pumpkin pie and she enjoys a good a cheesecake, so I thought why not combine the two and see what she thinks of the combination.
Now I couldn’t just make a plain pumpkin cheesecake, it needed a little something to make it extra special. And a praline topping seemed like it would take this delicious cheesecake into the decadence zone.
I went to my pantry to see what I could add to the praline to give it a little extra boost and a can of dulce de leche caught my eye. That and my old friend Jack Daniels made for one ah-mazing praline topping!
My pumpkin cheesecake was a success, especially with the addition of the praline topping! It got two thumbs up from Lisa and rave reviews from my neighbors. I know I can always count on my neighbors to help me out, God only knows I don’t need all those calories….sigh.
If you like my Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake Recipe, you might also like these recipes:
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake
- Best Tiramisu Recipe
- Classic Pumpkin Roll
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Bee Sting Cake
Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake
- 20 digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 6 Tbsp butter - melted 90 g
- 4 8 ounce packs cream cheese softened, 227 g each pack
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar 270 g, firmly packed
- 3 Tbsp flour 45 g
- 2 tsp cinnamon 10 g
- 2 tsp allspice 10 g
- 1 tsp vanilla 5 ml
- 3/4 tsp salt 4 g
- 5 large eggs
- 1 16 ounce can solid pack pumpkin 450 g, not pumpkin pie mix
- 8 ounce chopped pecans 150 g
- 1/3 cup brown sugar 60 g
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup 15 ml
- 1 Tbsp bourbon or vanilla 15 ml
- 3 Tbsp dulce de leche or caramel 45 g
- place digestives or graham crackers in the bowl of a food processor and process into a fine meal. Place in a mixing bowl
- Add melted butter and mix together to make the crust
- Press mixture onto bottom and up the side of a 9-inch springform pan one inch to two inches. (2.5 - 5 cm)
- Bake in 350 degree (177 C) oven for about 15 minutes, until firm. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In your stand mixer add cream cheese and beat just until smooth
- Slowly add in the brown sugar, scrape down the sides of bowl
- Add in flour, cinnamon, allspice, salt, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin, mix for 2 -3 minutes until well blended and smooth.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into prepared crust and place in 350 degree (177 C) preheated oven for one hour.
- After the hour, turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for one additional hour
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on wire rack
- Place in refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours (overnight is better)
- After the cheesecake has completely chilled begin praline topping
- in a saute pan or sauce pan add brown sugar, and corn syrup, heat unticorn syrup is well blended into the sugar
- Add in pecans and let the mixture brown slightly
- Add in dulce de leche or caramel and continue to simmer until thickened
- Pour mixture onto top of cheesecake spreading evenly and return to the refrigerator to allow praline to cool and harden.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream and enjoy!