It’s the holiday season and that means it’s time to enjoy the holidays by the handful with my favorite Chex™ Muddy Buddies™. And to create this bowl of deliciousness, I now have an excuse to pick up a box (or two) of the Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheerios™ I’ve been lusting over at Publix.
This post has been sponsored by General Mills, all opinions are my own.
I have to admit I taste tested this bowlful of Chex Muddy Buddies to make sure they were up to my standards…lol. I tried to taste test another bowl but Lisa reminded me they were for her teachers holiday party at school……. sigh.
You can find me at Publix just about every day of the week. I like to think of grocery shopping as therapy.
Let’s gather the ingredients we need to make our Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheerios Chex Muddy Buddies.
All the Chex party mixes are easy to make and you can always add your own personal touch to them, creating a distinctive party mix for the occasion. Use candies, chocolate chips and other add-ins to customize your treats!
The first step is to measure out 9 cups of Chex cereal. Use a large bowl so it’s easy to add in the melted chocolate mixture.
Place the Nestlé® semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a microwavable bowl.
Microwave the ingredients on high for 90 seconds, stirring the mixture every 30 seconds. After you’re done microwaving the ingredients, add in the vanilla.
Now it’s time to begin assembling the Chex Muddy Buddies. Add the chocolate peanut butter mixture coating all of the Chex cereal.
Place the coated Chex cereal in a large Ziploc bag.
Add the confectioner’s sugar to the bag.
Make sure the bag is sealed well and toss the bag to coat all of the chocolate coated Chex cereal.
Add in peanuts, peanut butter cup halves and chocolate peanut butter Cheerios. Make sure the ziploc bag is well sealed and toss until fully mixed. ** I put my mixture into a big bowl to finish mixing the Chex Mix, as it was easier for me to mix.
Make sure to store your Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheerios Chex Muddy Buddies in airtight Ziploc containers in the refrigerator until you need them. You might also want to put a lock on the fridge to ensure their safety….lol
Chex Party Mixes have been a favorite of mine since I was a kid and I’ve loved all the new recipes that Chex has shared with us over the years. They definitely have something for everyone.
- Use as quick & easy party planning recipes or have-on-hand for surprise guests.
- Make a reindeer food bar – make Muddy Buddies and have bowls of candies, chocolate chips & other extra mix-ins to customize their treats.
- Make it & take it – baggies for road trips, snacks to take when cutting down the Christmas tree, special school party treats or just to have as snacks for those hungry moments.
- Host a taste test – a few family members try different recipes and everyone votes for their favorite to win a prize (maybe a holiday ornament)
- Give a gift – make big batches of Chex Party Mix to package up and give – to the mailman, trash collectors, neighbors, stocking stuffers, Secret Santa and last minute thank you gifts.
- Cookie exchanges – for a different twist on your cookie exchange contribution, try Chex Party Mix!
- Don’t forget to leave some out for Santa too!
Leave a Comment