Sweet fresh peaches and plump juicy blueberries are the perfect fillings for this little crostata. Made with a sweet pastry dough my blueberry peach crostata is a delicious treat any time of the day.
I love fresh pastries and a warm from the oven blueberry peach crostata always puts a smile on my face.
I’m not an exceptional baker, but it’s something that I love to do (sometimes I think mostly because I love to eat), there’s something calming about baking.
Baking demands your full attention, and if you don’t give it, the results can be less than pleasing. But at the same time, baking soothes the soul, it’s never really like work to me, and I think that’s why I enjoy it so much. It feels more like recess, and I get to go outside and play. Life is suddenly so much better, even more so when the oven timer goes off…..
I’ve had a few of those days lately, so Sunday morning I got down the flour, chilled the butter, peeled the peaches and made some delicious little crostata’s…..sigh, and guess what…….life was suddenly so much better.
Peaches are still in season and couldn’t be better, so juicy and so sweet, I think I ate half of everything I peeled while making these sweet little pies. And what goes better with peaches than fresh plump blueberries, bursting with flavor…..sigh All I needed was some homemade whipped cream to make this the perfect dessert or in my case breakfast! My morning paper, a cup of good coffee and a warm blueberry peach crostata…..life doesn’t get much better than that (well at least at my age).
If you’re looking for another delicious treat to make for your family try my Strawberry Ricotta Crostata.
If you enjoyed this recipe you may also like these:
- Italian Strawberry Ricotta Crostata
- Mascarpone Strawberry Cheesecake
- No Bake Peach Tart
- Blueberry Peach. Crostata
Blueberry Peach Crostata
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter cut into 10 pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 3 peaches peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar in the raw
- 1 egg beaten
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse 3 times to mix.
- Add cold butter pieces and pulse at one second intervals until the butter is mixed in
- Add the eggs and pulse until the dough forms a ball on the blade of the processor.
- Turn the dough out of the food processor onto a floured surface, and carefully remove the blade.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces and roll out each piece into a 6 inch disc.
- Refrigerate discs for 10 minutes.
- Mix Fruit with sugar and divide between the six discs
- Fold dough about 1 inch around the crostata, making 4 or 5 folds that overlap each other.*
- Brush dough with egg
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes
- Serve with fresh whipped cream