Squash Blossom Muffins & Chicken and Shrimp Riviera

I know, I know…..sigh…..I am obsessed with squash blossoms.   I need a 12 step program!  Hi, I’m Dennis and I am a squash blossom addict.  Sometimes I lay awake at night and wonder what else I can do with them…..I actually just had an off the wall idea while writing this, but I won’t tell you now……hahahahaha……you’ll just have to be patient and wait.  I think this is as close to a mad scientist as I will ever get.  What I would like to tell you is this is my third attempt at squash blossom muffins, the first ones I made, the blossom looked great but the muffin was blah…..the second one I made the muffin was oh so delicious, but you couldn’t see the blossom at all. You see I had this great idea to stuff the blossom first with a  marscapone cream;….it was going to be like a squash blossom twinkie!!  Well needless to say that didn’t work out….sigh….in fact somehow the marscapone cream just seeped into the muffin, and you couldn’t even see the blossom.  Well for my third attempt I blended one and two together….you still couldn’t see the squash blossom as well as I would have liked but the muffin was delicious!

Zucchini Blossom Muffins (will make 6 large muffins)
1 1/2 Cup of All Purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1 Vanilla Bean, Scrape out the inside
1 Lime Zest(grated) and Juice
1 Lemon Zest(grated) only
6 Zucchini Flours
Raw Sugar to sprinkle on tops of Muffins before baking

Mix all your dry ingredients together in one bowl.
Lightly beat the eggs and add in  the Yogurt, oil, marscapone, vanilla, vanilla bean scrapings, zest from lime and lemon, and juice from the lime.  mix all these ingredients until well blended.
Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix just enough to blend.
This recipe is for large muffins but can be adapted to smaller pans, just use more blossoms.  Add half of the mixture into each cup, and then add your zucchini blossom, then fill the remainder of the way with remaining mix.
Sprinkle tops with Raw Sugar and bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees.

The next dish I would like to share with you is a sauce I that I picked up during my travels, it’s a basic pesto sauce with a few modifications.  The restaurant I worked at where I was taught this sauce called it a Rivera, it was initially made with just shrimp and scallops, but for this version I used Chicken and Shrimp.  In restaurants one key to your success is to see how many different items you could make using the same ingredients. You increased your menu, or your special offering without spending more money for additional supplies.  So you may find that this dish is very similar to the dish I made last post with the roasted pepper sauce, and you would be correct, I had artichokes, sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms I wanted to use before they went bad.   So with a little twist to make it a little different here is my offering.

Chicken and Shrimp Riviera (for two)

6 16-20 count shrimp
6 oz Boneless Chicken Breast cut in to strips
8 oz mushrooms sliced
2 ounces sun dried tomato strips reconstituted
4 artichoke (in brine, not marinated in oil) hearts sliced (optional)
3 Tablespoons Pesto Sauce
2 ounces Grated Romano Cheese
4 oz Greek Yogurt
Pinch of Black Pepper
4 oz Linguine cooked aldente
4 breaded and fried Eggplant cutlets
The first thing you need to do is make your eggplant cutlets, you need either two round or one long cutlet whatever works for you (but make a few more the eggplant is just so good with this sauce), peel your eggplant slice fairly thin and dip in flour, egg, and then seasoned bread crumbs.  Sauté in olive oil until you get some good color , 2-3 minutes per side.  Place your cooked eggplant in a 300 degree oven while you finish the rest of your dish.
Cook your pasta per box instructions start when you begin to sauté your chicken, it should be done about the same time your finishing the chicken and shrimp Riviera.
In a large sauté pan add some olive oil and start with your chicken strips, first dredge your chicken in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, then place floured strips into your hot sauté pan.  Cook Chicken for about 3 minutes then turn it over.  After you have turned over your chicken add in your mushrooms, and shrimp.  Sauté until the shrimp are almost done (you may have to add a little more oil to the pan when you put in the shrimp).  Add a splash of white wine to de-glaze the pan and add in your remaining ingredients, blend the yogurt in well( I use to use heavy cream, but switched for health reasons, feel free to use heavy cream) Heat the entire dish very well and serve over your eggplant cutlet,  serve your pasta as a side.  Toss the pasta with a little spoon of pesto before serving to add some colour to the pasta.   This is a very tasty dish and without the heavy cream and butter a lot healthier than it used to be.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!  Here is my basic pesto recipe in case you need one.

Pesto

2 bunches of Basil
1/2 bunch of Italian Parsley
1/4 cup of grated Romano Cheese
2 cloves of Garlic
1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup of Toasted Pine Nuts or Walnuts

So into your food processor the basil and parsley go.  Pulse it until its minced very well.
Now add your garlic, nuts and grated Romano Cheese.
Drizzle in the Olive Oil until it has a nice smooth consistency
and Voila you got pesto!!
Feel free to adjust the proportions to your taste and enjoy

Comments

1. Those muffins look amazing–I have blossoms to spare, so I will be giving those a try.

2. bunkycooks says:

I would be an addict, too, if they weren't so pricey! The muffins are very nifty. Nice photos! :)

3. Boabe de Cafea says:

Those muffins are amazing! I like muffins very much and I would like to try the ones with squash blossom. And the Riviera sauce…yummy!

4. Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron says:

You can't do this to me Dennis! (smile) I'm in love with zucchini flowers because of your posts. The muffins look amazing and the riviera sauce is just scrumptious. Your photos show it all. Great job!

5. Brownieville Girl says:

I have only ever had the blossoms fried in batter – great to have other ideas :-}

6. Mister Meatball says:

You're killing me, man!

A 12-step program indeed. I'll sign myself in with you. I, too, cannot stop myself.

7. Sweet and Savory all in one! Every post is more creative than the next, I love it!

8. I tell ya…I should not read your blog when I'm hungry…it's torture! I love the second photo, and your muffins look beautiful…I can just imagine how good they taste!

9. ELIANA-Coisas Boas da Vida says:

Every post is more creative than the next, I love it!
    I'm in love with zucchini flowers because of your posts.
    Great job!

10. Allie and Pattie says:

Dennis, if you find that 12 step, I'll go with you- my Irish husband will never understand my penchant for "eating plants"! These are gorgeous!
    xoxo Pattie

11. over the top….you are on a roll….keep going, I'm loving it! Thanks for keeping it fresh!

12. Wendy @ ABCs and Garden Peas says:

I wrote a post not too long ago about the forgotten gifts of the garden..the ones I never use, but want to. Squash blossoms were mentioned as one I feel badly about not using…now I have some ideas! You're my hero!

13. I couldn't find squash blossoms at the farmers market last weekend. Now I'm really on a mission to locate some. I just have to try those muffins.

14. Kim (Liv Life) says:

My Dad has loves squash blossoms as long as I can remember, and I have been squash blossom phobic as long as he has been making them. I have to say this is one of the first squash blossom recipes that is tempting me! Thanks for the post Dennis…!

15. Dennis, I just love all your different ideas for the Squash Blossoms. Great post as always.

16. You are a maniac with the squash blossoms! I love the muffins. I love the story of their creation, too. We all need to know that the pros don't always succeed the first time. Thanks for two more lovely recipes.

17. Dionne Baldwin says:

The riviera made me drool and the muffins are amazing! And thank you for posting your pesto recipe. I have some blossoms on my plants that are wanting to be eaten…maybe I should give in?

18. Speakeasy Kitchen says:

I grew zucchini this year just so I could have squash blossoms. Thanks for one more idea — these muffins look fantastic!

19. Well, I wish I were addicted to a vegetable. I say you should be proud of this one. :) These dishes look fantastic. Those muffins are absolutely perfect.

20. RamblingTart says:

Dennis, you are one creative man! :-) What a pretty surprise to break open a muffin and find a blossom inside!! That sauce is amazing. :-) Pesto AND yogurt?! Bliss. :-)

21. Maya @ Foodiva's Kitchen says:

Dennis, I'm going to start a SBAA (Squash Blossom Addict Anonymous) just for you! ;-) Seriously though, your dishes are so awesome, they open my mind to new possibilities. Thank you for sharing and being such a superstar because of it!

22. ***Holly*** says:

I'm loving the muffins! We have lots of blossoms right now and I plan to experiment with your recipe! :)

23. BEAR's Mom says:

W.O.W…

I've had blossoms that were dipped in batter and fried BUT those muffins look over the top!!!

my brother-in-law has about 20 zucchini plants…he grows and sells @ a co-op…wonder if he has any blooms???

I really look forward to your posts…wonderful and mouth watering :D

~victoria~

24. Kimberly Peterson says:

Wowww they both look amazing! And your photos look so good!

25. Betty Ray says:

Very cool! I had to call my husband in to see those. And now it's been requested I make them. :)

26. mad scientist in the kitchen, we are so blessed… never give up my friend – thanks for two (3) wonderful recipes

27. oneordinaryday says:

You know, I check out the farmers market for squash blossoms all the time and never find any. I would love to get my hands on some.
    What a creative idea to use them in muffins!

28. Julie @ Get Healthy Cheap says:

The muffins look amazing, I've never had squash blossoms but I do want to and now I know what to do with them! Great photos!

29. intuitive eggplant says:

There are far worse things to be than a mad scientist with squash blossoms :) Your muffins look superb, and everything looks so tasty!

30. Those muffins look fantastic! I can't believe I still haven't tried squash blossoms yet. I just know when I finally spot them, I'm going to squeal with delight. :D

That pesto looks delicious! I've always been a pesto girl. Thanks for the recipes! =)

31. thanks for your amazingly kind comments about my celiac testing! :):)

these muffins are so CUTE and the whole idea of opening them up to a blossoming of squash is brilliant!

32. Wendy Irene says:

I should use your restaurant philosophies with cooking at home. Making new things with the same ingredients. Thanks for inspiring me! I'm thinking now… :-)

33. I plan a two week menu and try very hard to keep similar ingredients in use..who knew I thought like a restaurant kitchen! As always, Dennis, everything looks amazing. You may not be able to see the blossom like you wanted, but what a wonderful surprise you get when you bite into one! YUM!

34. Torviewtoronto says:

looks delicious I still haven't found squash blossoms to try all these wonderful recipes

35. Wow! Amazing dish and wonderful muffins. I cannot wait to try them both. I have never tried squash blossoms but have heard they are wonderful. Thanks:)

36. Stephanie Savors the Moment says:

Creative as always & fabulous photos too! Thanks for the inspiration as I have never made anything with squash blossoms – it is oficially on the agenda! Cheers!

37. wow beautiful amazing sauce and of course blossoms too :)

38. Andrea the Kitchen Witch says:

The Riviera sounds delectable! Love the blossom muffin, what a fun idea!

39. Nicole@ The Dirty Oven says:

Just wow… wow… wow!!! Great idea and post. Love it!

40. You are so creative, they look wonderfully delicious! I have never tried squash blossoms…I must find some soon :)

41. The Mom Chef says:

I've not attempted squash blossoms yet but you're tempting me. :)

42. Those are so pretty! I love raw sugar on top of muffins and these just looked light and delicious.

43. Baking Barrister says:

Wow! Obsessive as it may be, I am impressed. I still haven't gotten my hands on any blossoms and here you go cooking up a storm.

44. These muffins are so unique and absolutely beautiful!! I've been always kind of afraid of squash blossoms, but I'd love to try these muffins!

45. Oh Denis, pack some of that shrimp and chicken pasta and send it to me, please!
    Your muffins look beautiful!

46. Dorothy at Shockinglydelicious.com says:

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting on my zucchini refrigerator pickles! I figured if you liked zucchini, you might offer inspiration for my zucchini blossoms, and boy, do you ever! I am having fun looking at all your ideas and gorgeous photos!

47. Jennifurla says:

LOL, I know all about addiction Dennis. I had to bring my hubby over to read your post because it cracked me up. As usual these look delicious and your post are getting better and better

48. Classic Kitchen Twist says:

I love squash blossoms & can't wait to try this recipe!

49. foodies at home says:

Your muffins are more like art than food! Beautiful!

50. scrambledhenfruit says:

I love the squash blossom surprise in your muffins! I may have to raid my brother's squash field for some.

51. Cookie Sleuth says:

Such beautiful dishes! I will be sure to pick up some blossoms at the farmer's market this weekend.

52. The Cilantropist says:

I love that your Shrimp Riviera dish is for two! :) And those squash muffins are truly a wonder to behold, dont quit your 12 step program, I dont mind seeing even more awesome squash blossom dishes from you!!!

53. the muffins are amazing!very creative!

54. Angie's Recipes says:

What a splendid idea of using zucchini blossom in the muffins! The riviera made me drool!!!

Love your recipes, I think you should host a squash blossom throw down;-) Not such a horrible thing to be addicted to, could be worse, like chocolate or caviar! Also beautiful photos, everything looks great here chez Chef Dennis and thanks for your kind words, Patty

56. OohLookBel says:

Can I say how brilliant your zucchini blossom muffins are? I've only ever used the flowers in risotto, but a sweetish muffin is the perfect showcase for them.

57. I love these muffins Dennis. You always know how to take a simple recipe, and turn it into something spectacular. I never would have thought to sandwich the squash blossom into the muffin batter…but what a beautiful presentation. You receive so much blog love because your posts are always inspiring and encouraging. I am so glad we met in this wonderful food blog world. Thank you for your kind comments, they mean so much to me.

58. Now I think I'm I'm here at the wrong time. I should have a full stomach first…haha. I think these are giving me hunger pangs :P They look so delicious. The zucchini blossoms look so pretty. Thanks very much for sharing.

59. Ana Powell says:

Oh wow, awesome idea.
    Amazing idea to stuff the muffins with squash flowers.
    So pretty, you are really creative ♥

60. Sushma Mallya says:

Unique muffins, have never abt these before but surely looks like a worth trying one…

61. Rumana Rawat says:

Wow!!! muffins looks great and tasty:)

What fantastic an original muffins, fantastic…And I did notice the Greek yogurt in your dish…You have more than one obsession:) Wonderful!

63. From the Kitchen says:

Love the color. The texture of the muffin looks perfect!! And the chicken and shrimp–yum!

Thanks for all the trials!

Best,
    Bonnie

64. Lori Lynn says:

Wow, those muffins are so unique. Great idea!
    LL

65. Squash blossoms in muffins? Get out of here! What a super idea – and you stuffed it too? A truly inspired idea.

66. Recipe for Delicious says:

I love these posts with two recipes. Both look heavenly! I bought some squash blossoms at the market on the weekend, but they turned out to be too piddly to do anything with. And so I wait.

67. what a beautiful symphony of colors and taste…and the layering of it all crispy, creamy….and yes you are a blossom addict…I would be to if I had blossoms

68. Love the menu! I have to try the Chicken and Shrimp Riviera look delicious.

Have a blessed day ; )

69. Emily Malloy (Ziegler) says:

Absolutely beautiful!

70. Meghan@travelwinedine says:

I love squash blossoms too, but I am afraid to cook with them! They seem so delicate!
    That pasta looks like an amazing, special dinner, and I will be making it soon.

I thought I was a squash blossom addict, but you have surpassed me in every way!

This is brilliant…BRILLIANT! Creativity and flavor unleashed! Sned me the leftovers, if there are any!

72. SARAPLICIOUS! says:

I grew up eating squash blossoms. I always had it with other veggies braised in fish sauce. In fact I'll probably have some when I visit my folks in CA this month. I would never had thought of using it in baked goods.

73. penny aka jeroxie says:

Gosh! I wish I have those flowers… they are so pretty.

74. 8.ate@eight says:

These look amazing! I feel in love with squash blossoms in Italy — I may just need to try these. soon!

75. haleyleann says:

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my scones! I'm so honored that a real chef would stop by my blog. =) I took a look around your blog and all of your recipes look amazing! The pictures are just beautiful. Thanks so much!

76. T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types says:

A "Squash Blossom Twinkie!!!" LOL – It's an admirable goal!

77. Now THAT is a creative use for squash blossoms! I've only seen them stuffed and fried, and was wondering what else I might do with them… Brilliant! Consider the idea filed away. ;)

78. Cinnamon Girl says:

The muffins are genius! Really love the little surprise in the middle. And your shrimp pasta is very tasty looking too. And is exactly what I'm craving for dinner tonight.

79. Dennis, these sound incredible. Squash blossoms are very difficult to find here, but your recipe has inspired me to keep trying. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings…Mary

80. Hey Dennis, these look beautifully fluffy and nice, but I do love the idea of your squash blossom twinkie. That would have kept me up a little later than desired too!
    Oh, and I didn't know you were from Texas, Dennis. Funny, Cauldron Boy was born in Pennsylvania and raised in Texas (smile).
    p.s.-Some don't like xanthum gum, as it is a corn product (corn syrup, corn starch, etc), but it's used in such small amounts that I don't see any real health problem with it. My deal is that I'm cheap and don't want to buy that expensive bag of Bob's Red Mill xanthum gum (smile)!

81. The muffins look interesting! I have never thought of suash blossom in muffins before. The Riviera sauce sounds delicious, too.

82. This is such a wonderful savory muffin. Love the zucchini blossom.

83. I love squash blossoms and will try baking them in muffins. They look delicious.

84. I was looking for the squash blossoms in the second recipe! The chicken and shrimp really sounds wonderful, Dennis. Of course, the muffins look delicious, too; they're one of my favorite breakfasts or midday snacks.

85. evil cake lady says:

I totally squandered my zucchini blossoms…I had NO IDEA you could bake them in muffins! I will keep a lookout next time I'm u-picking zucchini or at the farmer's market. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

86. You did it again chef! Another inventive dish. I love it. Thanks for sharing (=

87. sensiblecooking says:

I am totally shocked (in a good way) to see you creating these amazingly yummy dishes using blossom. The muffins made me drool.

88. Michael Toa says:

It's a delicious obsession Chef. :)

The Chicken and Shrimp Riviera looks and sounds heavenly. YUM. I'm bookmarking this recipe.

Have a great day. Michael

89. You are so creative with those blossoms. I tried and tried to find some of these at our small local market; no luck, but I can dream, can't I?
    Great post Denis.
    Rita

90. Federica says:

splendide queste ricette!!!mettono l'acquolina solo a guardare!!complimenti!!ciao!

haha sounds like my addiction to green chile (as you will see in my upcoming posts) – seriously, I just may never ever be able to leave New Mexico because I might not get as high grade of chile if I go anywhere else LOL.

your muffins LOOK. SO. AMAZING. absolutely amazing. and I will try to get my hands on some squash blossoms as soon as I can to try this and your other delightful creations.

this riviera sauce is pouring forth such unembarrassed lavishness it's almost scandalous! another must try for me -

92. lequan@luvtoeat says:

I've never cooked with zucchini blossoms before. This is such a great idea. Those have got to be the most creative muffins I've seen. Such a genius idea! I know I'd love to find such a beautiful edible flower inside my muffin. The Riviera sounds divine. Thank you for sharing these great recipes.

93. Chef you are scaring me with the squash blossom business, but the sauce looks amazing, LOL!

94. Your obsession for the squash blossom is wonderful…I am learning a lot from it. Those muffins look so intriguing with the way that turns out…very fun. Riviera Sauce looks wonderful on that plate, too!

95. I keep looking for zucchini blossoms at the markets by me, so far no luck, except for one vendor that wanted $2ea. He wouldn't get that much for the zucchini, why charge so much for the blossom? I don't get it. Your muffins though look lovely.

96. I think the squash blossom muffins came out really well. I like the little surprise inside. The riviera sauce looks great as well!

I am still keeping an eye out for those elusive squash blossoms.

97. Julie m. says:

Ok, those muffins are too much! How do you come up with such creative ideas? I love them! The sauce looks absolutely divine as well. That type of dish is right up my alley.

98. Linn @ Swedish Home Cooking says:

I know, squash blossoms are one of the most delicate things there is. I'm having a hard time to get them anywhere here in Sweden though. That' s sad. Mail me some? ;)

99. Jen Cheung says:

wow look at those yummy muffins! you are amazing!

have a fabulous day!
    jen @ http://www.passion4food.ca

100. i'm not exaggerating when i tell you that these are the most unique and aesthetically-pleasing muffins i've seen all year–bravo! and hey, there are worse things to which you could be addicted… :)

101. I'm amazed at your creativity in food. It's definitely an unusual couple in the making – a squash blossom in a muffin. :)

102. To our dearest blossom addict…you've surpassed anything I would have imagined a flower like this one could be showcased. My mother-in-law jealously is in charge of these beauties. I'll have to share your muffin recipe…she'll want to make them for sure!
    Your other meal…is well…so substantially tasty looking.
    I can see you are certainly not depriving yourself at the dinner table ;o)

Love coming to visit with you.

Ciao for now and have a tremendously happy day!

103. A Thought For Food says:

Sorry it's taken me a couple of days to get to this post. You are totally obsessed with squash blossoms… but there are worse things a person can be obsessed with, right?

I have to admit, I've never had them before :-/ After seeing all of your posts, I'm more than a little intrigued to try them.

Great post, Chef Dennis!

104. CC Recipe says:

The muffins look awesome and I love the ingredients you used and Ohhhh, the Riviera sauce, YUM!

105. If you're going to be addicted to anything, I think squash blossoms are pretty worth while. Those muffins look amazing!

106. The Manly Housewife says:

You have to love the trial and error. That's what makes cooking so fun each time you try something new and take yourself out of your comfort zone its like nirvana. Brilliant post!

107. Those muffins are quite possibly the best reason in the world to get out of bed early on a Saturday morning. Squash Blossoms are amazing.

108. Oh Dennis…you are funny, I planted zucchinis in a vase and put in my little balcony. I have squash Blossom all the time. I was so surprised how easy it was to grow.
    I also found myself wondering how to use them. The muffin is a great idea, it looks amazing too. I'm curious to know what is you next idea. Congrats on top 9.

109. Sheila Kiely says:

Wow, your photos and recipes look amazing & thanks for the welcome to foodbuzz

110. You're so creative–love it! You're excused for your squash blossom posts. How would we be inspired by them otherwise? :-)

I have to say, this sauce is right up my alley. I love everything in it. Will have to save to try one day soon.

I lay awake at night thinking of new recipes too…but never come up with anything as creative as these muffins! They look deliciously perfect :) Every time I come here, I wish I was a student at Mount!

112. christine says:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I really appreciate it! I love your recipes and your photos – so vibrant! The squash blossom muffins look amazing. So creative! I can't wait to read more. Thanks again!

113. Your muffins look too beautiful to eat…YUM!

114. Squash Blossom Muffins!!! WOW.. these look very interesting!!

~Prairie Story … care of Alison Zulyniak

115. LaDivaCucina says:

Ok, now you are starting to make me mad!!! La Diva has not seen ONE LOUSY SQUASH BLOSSOM here in Southern Florida and you are doing recipe upon recipe with them! I am tres jealous!!! The Riviera sauce looks soo rich and yummy too. Better go make lunch!

116. Cristina - Teenie Cakes says:

Congrats on the Top 9 Chef! I enjoy that in these recipes, you're using Greek yogurt. The muffins must be deliciously moist and I like the texture you've added to the tops with the raw sugar. I need to find those squash blossoms!

117. Subterfuge Diva says:

You made the Top 9, Dennis! All those squash blossoms will be so proud…. and relieved. LOL!

118. This is absolutely gorgeous! I am so in awe with your presentation and flavors! Beautiful post.

119. Sara @ CaffeIna says:

Squash blossoms is a great obsession! Let us know all the recipes you have with them. Wonderful pics:)

120. Cook in a Bar says:

Those muffins look terrific! Congrats on the top 9!

121. Marketing Girl Eats Great Food says:

Oh wow. Those muffins look absolutely incredible! Love the riviera sauce too. You have my mouth watering, thanks for sharing Chef Dennis!

122. The simple thoughts can hit me like a ton of bricks. See how many dishes can be created using the same ingredients on hand . . . is how I should look at cooking/baking. I fight leftovers, trying to get rid of them as quickly as possible to make something new and interesting. Using leftover ingredients can still be new and interesting; thank you =).

Absolutely scrumptious muffins and the dinner; I am in heaven just looking at the photo! Amazing sauce and pesto recipes. Your fetticine lays beautifully on the plate too. Very pretty presentation for both the muffins and dinner . . . NOMS!

123. Jen_from_NJ says:

You never cease to amaze me with your creative ideas!

124. The Comfort of Cooking says:

Wow, Dennis, those muffins are to die for, and I love the pasta dish! Absolutely gorgeous way to use squash blossoms.

125. FrouFrouBritches says:

Oh my gracious Dennis! Everytime I look at your blog, my butt gets bigger. This looks so yummy!!! I could eat the whole thing!

The muffins looks good too!

126. Hello Dennis,
    Congrats for top 9!!! Your dishes are so so so wonderful. I always have to have some food on my hand then I would dare to read your blog or I will suffer. :D Your post always make me feel so hungry after reading it. :)

127. girlichef says:

Okay, those muffins are the coolest things ever!! I'm always inspired when I drop by your place. Thank you :)

128. What a wonderful, creative recipe for the squash blossom muffins. You really do love them! Congrats on making the top 9! You definitely deserve it!

129. Stacey Ballis says:

Sounds delish! My new favorite way to use squash blossoms is on a grilled pizza…herbed oil, squash blossoms, fresh sage, pine nuts and burrata. Yum! Thanks for saying hi over at my blog :) Anytime a real chef appreciates my recipes is a good day!www.thepolymathchronicles.blogspot.com

130. Seriously, I don't even know where to start. First of all, the Dishes are beautiful and your photo's are devine. I have found my new inspiring blogger!!!
    I am going to try to cook something from your blogs, I have to find something that will be easy enough for me! A simple cook, with a simple budget! I am sure I will find something!
    Lovely, just lovely. Blossoms, Who Knew! ;-)

131. Those 560 girls are very lucky!!! All your food looks delicious, and these muffins look especially awesome! (Great photos!)

Thanks for visiting my blog, and your nice comment! :)

132. We Are Not Martha says:

Those muffins look absolutely incredible!! Way better than simple zucchini bread. Wow!!

Sues

its a good obsession those muffins are AMAZING wow

134. My Man's Belly says:

That muffin photo is gorgeous. I feel your addiction pain. The monkey on my back is sour cherries.

135. Proud Italian Cook says:

Wow, both look outstanding! But the pasta dish is calling my name!

136. Subterfuge Diva says:

Chef Dennis, you get my HOT BLOG AWARD for making squash blossoms so fashionable! Please check it out at http://foodivakitchen.blogspot.com/2010/08/sharing-my-award-giving-one-more.html

137. Liana @ femme fraiche says:

Your blog posts always manage to get me hungry, even if I read them as I'm eating! Those squash muffins look great!

138. denise @ quickies on the dinner table says:

Hi Dennis :)

I noticed that you dropped by earlier to check on me – that is so sweet! Sorry I've been scarce – just hoping things will move along faster for me so I can return to my normal schedule!

These muffins are gorgeous! I can see how wonderfully textured they are – as soon as I get some squash blossoms, and a little time to spare, I HAVE to try this!

The Riviera sauce is so tempting too! I just love your photos these days! Beautiful!!

139. mysimplefood says:

Beuatiful dish. I have not tasted suash blossom but I so wanna try it now. And the pasta looks great too. Yumss!!

140. jillyindc says:

Gorgeous, Chef Dennis! I'll have to try these soon. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I think you are my first real NON family member comment!! You made my blog "real" and made my day :)

141. Elizabeth says:

I like to see new and creative recipes for squash blossoms besides the old and tired stuffed variety. This looks delicious!

142. Chef, those muffins are original and look so good! Congrats on top 9!

143. You sure are squash blossom-crazy! No problem with that at all, because that leads you to creative food like your muffins. Nice job!

Great idea to cook as many dishes out of the same ingredients as possible – saves money and sanity.

144. Kim at Rustic Garden Bistro says:

Hey Chef Dennis! Thanks so much for swinging by the RGB. I, for one, think your muffins look delicious. And, great restaurant tip about using the same basic ingredients to make up multiple dishes. Will have to tuck that away for my future Bistro plans. :-)

Have a great week!

[K]

145. The Blue-Eyed Bakers says:

Dennis we're squash blossom addicts too…! But we've NEVER even dreamed about baking them into muffins like this…they're gorgeous…we're in love…the addiction continues!

146. Hi Chef Dennis…beautiful and awesome muffins ! If I could get hold of these blossoms I will surely bake these. Thanks for sharing. Love your Riviera Sauce too :) Makes me hungry….mmm wiping my keyboard now :p

147. Lynne @ CookandBeMerry says:

It was hard for to write this comment because I couldn't peel my eyes away from the photo of that Shrimp Riviera Sauce. My god, that looks just mouthwatering. Thanks for the recipe.

148. Your creativity is astounding, Dennis. Squash blossom muffins?! Fantastic. I love it. And the Riviera sauce looks delicious, too!

I love reading what you come up with, so inspiring!

149. Salsa Verde says:

Amazing flavours and combinations. My mouth is watering for that chicken.
    Love,
    Lia.

150. Valerie (Love through the stomach...) says:

Those muffins look absolutely awesome. That's it! You've got me! I wasn't sure if I should plant zucchini next year (it'll be the first year I have a yard where I CAN grow veggies) but now I'm sure I must! (zucchini blossoms are hard to come by in these parts.)
    Thanks for that wonderful wonderful idea! That muffin sure does look divine!

151. Lauren @ Delicateflavors says:

Chef Dennis. I'm gonna have to look for some Squash Blossom and create a dish of my own. :)

152. Jason Phelps says:

Oh man am I hungry now!!!

Bravo and I have to admit I had never had squash blossoms before, someting that will be remedied real soon.

Jason

153. Dennis, you are killig me with all these gorgeous squash blossom recipes here! The muffin is amazingly creative…love it! You can just box them up and send me a dozen…

154. Carmie, the Single Nester says:

A chef after my own heart! You know I love me some zucchini blossoms. Can't wait to read more about your blog!!

155. Those muffins look exquisite!

156. I am intrigued by these squash blossom muffins, so unique!

157. cookies and cups says:

That shrimp Riviera looks so delicious!!

158. These look terrific, just amazing. You take such great photos of great food!

159. ☺lani☺ says:

Impressive! Happy Weekend!

160. Ahh, yum! The insides look really great, thanks for posting!
    Jess : )

161. Beautiful muffins! I love that idea. Well done :)

162. You know I love me some zucchini blossoms. Can't wait to read more about your blog.

Trackbacks

1. [...] Zucchini Blossom Muffins from A Culinary Journey with Chef Dennis [...]

2. […] He offers a wide range of recipes on his site. He has everything from Lasagna, to Artisan Bread, to Squash Blossom Muffins, to Feta Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms, to Semi- Sweet Chocolate Pate, to Bourbon Pecan Pie, to […]