This super moist and buttery pineapple cake is sure to make your family and friends very happy. Once you see how easy it is to create this delicious cake you'll be making it all the time!
How to make a sinfully delicious and rich Pineapple Butter Cake
One of my go-to cakes for the fall is an Italian apple cake so I thought I would adapt the recipe and turn it into a Pineapple Butter Cake. This cake is basically a very light butter cake batter that surrounds the tasty morsels of pineapple sautéed in butter…….sigh. In this case Butter = Love!
I think that’s actually in the foodie dictionary somewhere (well it should be if it’s not!)
My wife loves pineapple, but like anything else, she only eats a little bit of it, and then I’m stuck with what’s ever left…..sigh. That’s why our neighbors greet me drooling when I knock on their doors, they know it’s time for dessert! But with fresh cut pineapple I feel a little strange walking it over, so I decided to make a cake with what I had left.
I had made a pineapple upside down cake earlier in the year, and we all know you can’t repost something quite that soon, even if it was delicious!
My neighbors even know how it works now, I was greeted last week with that chocolate cake was incredible, but you probably won’t make it again will you….lol….we must move forward, new recipes, new posts, new frontiers!
Well sometimes we just change things up a bit, but it is rare that I make anything twice in the dessert arena (although my Tiramisu has just moved to the front of the list!).
This cake is easy to make and is sure to please your family or guests if my wife liked coconut I may have added some a little coconut to the batter! Can anyone say Pina Colada? Tropical beaches, boat drinks, a little Jimmy Buffet on the radio….sigh, it just doesn’t get better than that!!! But there I go again getting off topic…….let’s get back to the pineapple cake. I hope you enjoy it.
If you enjoy delicious desserts you may also like these recipes:
Pineapple Butter Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups pineapple chopped
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large whole eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest grated
- Confectioners sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Butter a 9” round cake pan
- In a large frying pan over low heat, melt the butter, reserve 6 tbs (90 g) for later. Add the pineapple and cook for about 10 minutes. **do not use any of the juice from the pan only the pineapple
- In a small bowl mix together flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a large bowl beat the whole eggs and egg yolks until blended.
- Add the reserved melted butter, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Stir in flour and pineapple.
- Spoon into prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake until cake is browned, 30-35 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Invert cake onto plate to remove the pan and then invert again and return to rack to cool completely.
- Before serving
- Dust with confectioners sugar