Chai Marinated Chicken with Roasted Fall Vegetables
I love fall and all the delicious recipes that seem to burst with flavor this time of year. My fall inspired Chai marinated chicken with roasted vegetables is the perfect comfort food for your family's dinner table.
- 1 ½ lb chicken thighs, skin on / bone in
- 1 ½ lb chicken legs, skin on
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups butternut squash peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 ½ cups Brussels sprouts cleaned and trimmed
- 3 medium carrots peeled and cut on bias
- 1 ½ cups pearl onions peeled and ends cut off
- 8 ounces mushroom caps washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons basil chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons scallions for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Remove chicken from marinade and place on baking dish. Add some of the marinade to the dish, discarding the remainder.
In a large bowl, add all of the cut vegetables, oil and sea salt and black pepper. Mix thoroughly and place on a baking sheet.
Place both pans in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven to add the glaze. Brush glaze on the chicken pieces using a pastry brush. Repeat this process again in 7-10 minutes, adding a second coating of glaze and increase the oven to the broil setting. Remove the vegetables at this time.
As you begin to assemble the dish, keep an eye on the chicken to ensure it does not burn. Remove the chicken from the oven
Remove the chicken from the oven when finished and/or the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Calories: 799kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 256mg | Sodium: 2555mg | Potassium: 1336mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 15685IU | Vitamin C: 47.8mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 3.7mg