Pasta alla Caponata
Enjoy a flavorful light Caponata served with pasta for a delicious restaurant style meal at a fraction of the cost! Perfect for your next Meatless Monday.
- 1 medium eggplant peeled grilled, small dice
- 1 small zucchini sliced long way grilled , small dice
- ½ cup assorted pitted olives small dice
- 1 medium tomato small dice
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound linguine or spaghetti
- Extra virgin olive oil to toss pasta
- 2 tablespoons Freshly grated Romano cheese to finish the dish
Coat eggplant and zucchini in olive oil season with sea salt and pepper and grill or roast until barely cooked. Allow to cool before dicing.
Dice eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes and olives (cut in a small dice)
Mix all of the ingredients (except pasta and cheese) together a bowl and toss until mixed well and set aside. Keep at room temp if you are using immediately. If not using right away refrigerate mixture, allowing it to come back to room temperature before using.
Cook pasta al dente, according to instructions on the box
Toss cooked pasta with extra virgin olive oil, top with caponata and freshly grated romano cheese.
Calories: 515kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 44mg | Potassium: 715mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 815IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 4mg