Restaurant Style Eggplant Parm
When you're looking for an easy-to-make and ah-mazingly delicious restaurant-style dinner to serve your family (that won't break the bank) I promise my eggplant parm won't dissapoint!
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes I used San Marzano whole in puree, finished pureeing with a immersion blender
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ⅓ cup onion fine chop
- 1 large clove garlic finely minced
- 1 tbsp basil fine chop (if using dry basil only use 1 teaspoon)
- ½ tsp sea salt more or less to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper more or less to taste
- 1 tsp sugar optional
- 1 large eggplant peeled and sliced lengthways
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs mixed with ½ cup water or milk for eggwash
- 1 ½ cup bread crumbs seasoned, plain or panko
- 1 ½ cups Marinara from recipe or use your favorite jarred sauce
- 1 tbsp grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 tbsp Italian Parsley for mozzarella and final garnish
The first step in making Restaurant-Style Eggplant Parm is to set up a breading station. Flour Seasoned with salt and pepper - eggwash- breadcrumbs.*egg wash is whole eggs, whipped with water, milk or a combination of both. I usually use 2 eggs with ½ cup of water.
Dredge the eggplant cutlets in flour seasoned with salt and black pepper, completely coating the eggplant.
Next, dip the floured eggplant into an egg wash
Finally, place the egg-dipped eggplant cutlets into bread crumbs, making sure to completely coat the eggplant with the bread crumbs.
Add about ½ an inch of your favorite oil to a large saute pan or skillet. Let the oil heat up or medium-high heat, until a bit of breading dropped into the oil, begins to sizzle.When the oil is hot enough, carefully add the eggplant cutlets to the pan using tongs. Don’t drop them in, the oil can splatter and burn you!Let the cutlets sautee on each side for about 2 minutes or until you have a nice golden brown color. Move the finished cutlets to a screen (or paper towels) to drain off the excess oil.
Calories: 561kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 155mg | Sodium: 1343mg | Potassium: 978mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1117IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 360mg | Iron: 6mg