Diner Style Meatloaf
When it comes to meatloaf nobody does it better than diners. Growing up in New Jersey one of my favorite menu items at the diners we visited was meatloaf. Flavorful and easy to make at home this American Classic is still bringing smiles to dinner tables around the country.
- 2 lbs ground beef 85 - 90 % Lean
- 1 cup onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon basil dried or fresh
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried or fresh
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika sweet or smoked
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped (dry can be substituted)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs plain, panko or seasoned
- ⅓ cup milk
Meatloaf Sauce Ingredients
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoon cider vinegar white or wine vinegar can be substituted
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar light or dark
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Mix the ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl, making sure it's well blended.
After 45 minutes remove the meatloaf from the oven and spoon the glaze over the top of the meatloaf.Then place the meatloaf back into the oven.
Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Allow the meatloaf to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serve it with your favorite sides.
Calories: 423kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 916mg | Potassium: 537mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 374IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 4mg