Baja-Style Fish Tacos with an Asian Slaw and Sweet Chili Sauce
When it's Taco Night at your house, kick up your game with my easy to prepare and oh so delicious Baja-Style Fish Tacos with an Asian Slaw and Sweet Chili Sauce. Your family will be happy you did!
- 2 cups cabbage fine shred
- 2 tablespoons carrot grated
- 1 teaspoon cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoon lime juice (approx. juice from one lime)
- 3 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup rice wine
- 1/3 cup Karo
- 1 tablespoon Sambal Oelek use more or less according to taste (you can substitute Sriracha or garlic chili sauce)
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili flakes use more or less according to taste
- 1½ teaspoons garlic finely minced
- 1½ teaspoons ginger finely minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Argo Corn Starch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- red food coloring optional
- 16 ounces mahi-mahi (Mahi cut into one-inch pieces and patted dry with paper towels)
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons Argo Corn Starch
- 1 tablespoon Cajun (blackened) seasoning (or seasoning of your choice)
- 8 corn tortillas (or flour tortillas)
In a medium mixing bowl combine the cabbage, carrots, cilantro, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Combine slaw ingredients well and set aside until ready to serve. **add additional lime juice or honey to taste. **make this ahead of time if possible to allow the slaw to soften.
Sweet Chili Sauce
Place all of the ingredients except for the cornstarch mixture in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil, stirring regularly.
Once the sugar is dissolved stir in the cornstarch mixture, stirring continually until thickened, about 1 minute.
Let the sauce cool completely and refrigerate until needed. Sauce can be kept for up to one week in a sealed container.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 458mg | Potassium: 373mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2222IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2mg