Shrimp and Broccoli over Linguine
Serve up your family deliciousness with my easy to make Shrimp and Broccoli. Cooking like a chef is easier than you think and this restaurant-style dish can be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes!
- ⅔ pound shrimp peeled and deveined I used 16/ 20 count
- ½ pound linguine or your favorite pasta or rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets par-cooked fresh or frozen florets, thawed
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts sliced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 ounce white wine optional
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup chicken stock seafood or vegetable stock can be used
- 1 tablespoon butter for beurre manie
- 1 tablespoon flour for beurre manie
Pre-cook the broccoli. Keep the brocolli but cooked enough for your tastes.
Cook pasta according to instructions on box
As pasta is cooking begin preparing the shrimp and broccoli by heating a large skillet on high heat
Saute the mushroom giving them time to fully cook (about 5 minutes)This will help them develop more flavor.
When the mushrooms are fully cooked add the shrimp and garlic to the pan and continue cooking until the shrimp are almost done.
Deglaze the pan with white wine (optional).
Next, add the precooked broccoli and sliced artichoke hearts to the pan
Add in the stock, seasonings and butter rolled (buerre manie) in flour to thicken the sauce.
Serve over linguinne and enjoy!
Calories: 827kcal | Carbohydrates: 106g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 562mg | Potassium: 964mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1876IU | Vitamin C: 108mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 4mg