Sweet Chili Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers:
I love grilling and I love seafood. When you're ready to spice up your grilling game make sure to try my Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers with a sweet chili sauce. They'll be the hit of your next get together!
- 1 pound 16-20 Shrimp gulf or pacific shrimp peeled with tail on and deveined without cutting to far into the shrimp.
- Skewers If using wood soak them for one hour before use.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded and cut into 1 inch x 1 inch piece
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and cut into 1 inch x 1 inch piece
- 1 large red onion peeled and cut into 1 inch x 1 inch chunks
- 12 ounces sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
If you’re using wooden skewers, make sure to pre-soak them in water for at least 1 hour
Preheat a grill over medium heat (350º-400ºF)
Mix the sweet chili sauce, lime juice, cilantro and sea salt together in a medium bowl.
Thread the shrimp, pineapple, red onions and peppers onto the skewers alternating the red and green peppers as you go. Use two shrimp per skewer with veggies in between and on the outside of each shrimp.
Brush skewers with half the marinade and let sit for 5 minutes.
Place the skewers on the grill, and grill for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through. Brush the skewers with the remaining chili sauce as they cook.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 142mg | Sodium: 1013mg | Potassium: 198mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 740IU | Vitamin C: 68mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 1.5mg